The online racing simulator
Auto skin download not working all of the sudden
So I was connecting to various servers today, when I entered one where I got the message "Can't load skin: [skin name]" for every single car. I went to another sever, and it happened again. It's happened to every single server I've been too since for hours. Any ideas?
A lot of the LFS sites have been down recently, and that might have something to do with this. Skin download wasn't working for the past 2 days because LFSW was down. Maybe it isn't quite fixed at the moment.
skins are being downloaded just fine, so that's not it. Though apparently some people can't seem to download skins now - not sure why
It wouldn't even bring up a list of skins to download when I was on the servers last night (after LFSW was back up). I was able to download skins in replays, but I get an error for many of them.

Darn, can't remember off hand what exactly the error is at the moment.
Thanks for reminding me - I had switched off skin downloading at the master server, for the time the server was down. When the skins are inaccessible, it's better to have the skins downloading switched off, to avoid having the wrong error messages.

Victor probably saw something else logged - another means of accessing the skins.

Auto skin downloading should be up and running again now.
actually scawen turned skin download off while the webservers were down, but he forgot to turn it back on now that the servers are back up again.
So it should work again (or really soon)

EDIT - hehe, some seconds
Yes
Kind of scary to think we were seeing white cars all over again!!! eeeek! :Eyecrazy:

öök
Lol kinda like in demo or smth
hehe ok ok. now we can see the other skins again
I'm not complaining. I still think the level of service and quality of product from LFS is better than any game on the market.

Thanks Guys!!!
Thanks guys! I'm making myself late for my morning class so I can express my appreciation. Can't wait to go home and race with not only skins, but with a momo wheel that finally points straight (I happened to look into the logitech wheel problem thread..good stuff..)

Auto skin download not working all of the sudden
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG