The online racing simulator
Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
XRR XFR

So could, i'd definatedly buy.
Did anyone ask Scavier for permission to use their car shapes? Not that they would mind if it were for personal use, but some here are speaking of a small series to be bought. I guess that would imply copyright issues.
Quote from zeugnimod :As big of a problem as you have with "morons" who buy scaled model cars.

:iagree: And I just bought one today.
Quote from LFSn00b :Exact replica? I beg to differ.

i was told before that it the XR was in fact aStarion, but i must admit there are minor differences... altough nothing that can't be adjusted by some skilled model builder...
The exterior is similar, but not the same car by any means, the XR interior is from a 3000GT (the dash is at least)

As far as models, at the rate 3d printers are going down, I would say this probably won't be to difficult in a few years!

Problem is you're going to have to use a different model than the actual in game models, otherwise you'll get something with harsh edges that you'll have to sand down.

Someone back during the days of the RSC Forum had a car 3d printed, I can't remember what it was though, it wasn't an LFS car, but I remember him putting up pictures of it...

If anything i would want either FXR or XRR.
RSC has been back for a few weeks now. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about it. I'll try a more in depth search a bit later at home.
Well all the attachments have gone missing, unless they finally got that stuff working too.

I mean it's somewhere in there, personally I don't want to look lol that place has turned into a mess!

You know.. the more I think about it, I could be mistaken, this could've happened in another 3D forum where someone had his model made in 3D.. it may be in the 3D portion of RSC, I'll take a look there too...

edit- nope, couldn't find it anywhere in RSC...

I remember this thread, it was a really slick looking car, had a similar shape to the Veyron, and it was made out of like wood or something, .. no idea where this could be..
Tonight I started milling a UFR from a piece of MDF. I roughed the car and hope to be able to do the "detailed" milling tomorrow (I hope it will be detailed).

The start

Half way and 1.5 hours further

Almost finished

Fully finished and 3 hours further.
Attached images
P140210_21.02.jpg
P140210_23.03.jpg
P150210_00.00.jpg
P140210_23.48.jpg
Quote from alland44 :We just talked about scale models in one of the danish forums, and then the thougth stroke me.

I hope it stroke you well. LOL.
Quote from IKke5165 :Tonight I started milling a UFR from a piece of MDF. I roughed the car and hope to be able to do the "detailed" milling tomorrow (I hope it will be detailed).

The start

Almost finished

I wish Brazilian winters were as boring as northern ones (knowingly calling the Netherlands 'boring', yeah), so I could stay in my house doing those things.

That's a very nice work none the less. Stick some chromed rims on it and it will be perfect.
-
(niall09) DELETED by niall09
Quote from IKke5165 :Tonight I started milling a UFR from a piece of MDF. I roughed the car and hope to be able to do the "detailed" milling tomorrow (I hope it will be detailed).

The start

Almost finished

Looks good.

I know nothing about MDF, what is it? Is it hard plastic? It looked a bit like Polystyrene to me actually.

How much would that cost, 'cause I would like one if you ever sell them.
Quote from piggy501 :Looks good.

I know nothing about MDF, what is it? Is it hard plastic? It looked a bit like Polystyrene to me actually.

How much would that cost, 'cause I would like one if you ever sell them.

MDF is made of layers of reused wood glued together with resin and wax.
MDF = Medium Density Fibreboard
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :I wish Brazilian winters were as boring as northern ones (knowingly calling the Netherlands 'boring', yeah), so I could stay in my house doing those things.

That's a very nice work none the less. Stick some chromed rims on it and it will be perfect.

It's carnaval !!!! Nothing boring just beer and bad music . Just took a brake after 2 days of beer, will continue tommow
As for the wheels, i'm not sure what i will do with it, might try and see if can mill the sides (the rim and tire). But I wont count on it to work .
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :MDF is made of layers of reused wood glued together with resin and wax.

Wrong

Quote from LineR32 :MDF = Medium Density Fibreboard

Right

MDF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-density_fibreboard
If i would have to describe it. I would say saw dust mixed up with wood glue and dried.

Might make one of some other material if this one works out ok, but have to finish it first But I'm more interested in getting proper wheels than making another one.
You could always try and get some wheels from an R/C car if your model is big enough.

Can't wait to see it finished.
Its about 8.5cm long. Don't think u can get rc wheels for that. A toy car maybe. And even if you can you still have to clear the space for it, resulting in having to mill the side.
I could make solid casts, maybe with seperate wheels, of most models for a reasonable price (its what i do for a living) and possibly get them painted by someone else.
I could either start from scratch or from a good pattern(s) supplied.
If i was approached by someone with authority.....
Funneh thread. I just recently finished a model of a '51 Chevy pickup truck for RC cover production, for an actual RC dealer who does "custom" covers.

Are there any fantasy covers out there, or are they all based on real cars? If so then LFS covers seems rather unrealistic, unless someone here can produce or knows someone who can.
Attached images
1951-Chevrolet-pickup.jpg
once i found a place who makes custum models. i think it was bob(mod) who said he`ll contact them.
Once I was trying to get FBM as 1:18 scale car but I havent found any mention of it on the internet so I gave up looking for something that didnt exist...
but I have LX4 if caterham super 7 counts from kyosho 1:18...nice piece of work on that model
Mitsubishi Starion

is the XRT if anyone's after that.

Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG