The online racing simulator
Restricted number of connection from one IP
Hello,
A option in the Dedi that restriced how many connection a server can accept from one IP adress.

Then its not or more difficult to connect a (DEMO)server with serval accounts by one person and then ban everyone who is online without a reason.

If its a option in the Dedi setup.cfg admins can accept more or less connections from one IP adress.

Something like
//Number of connections to accept from one IP
/IPcon=1
#2 - Silox
Quote from Tim NL :Hello,
A option in the Dedi that restriced how many connection a server can accept from one IP adress.

Then its not or more difficult to connect a (DEMO)server with serval accounts by one person and then ban everyone who is online without a reason.

If its a option in the Dedi setup.cfg admins can accept more or less connections from one IP adress.

Something like
//Number of connections to accept from one IP
/IPcon=1

We had this problem on our demo server too, it seems that that team has started crashing servers again...

I think that I already made a post to allow only 1 connection per IP, I'll search it...

Here it is: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=54541

It seems you already had an idee for a solution?
Would be very appreciated if you guys could get this working. Yes Silox its the same idiots that wrecked your demo servers (goatseforce). I feel we are starting to beat them by sharing usernames but we could do with other ways to stop them
Also one of our guys (B2R Anthoop) has made me aware of a way to stop fake B2R`s entering a server running airio. ive copied and pasted this from our forum

It is just a matter of adding some user names into the cfg file.
In one line you can prohibit tags/words/names......in another you can add usernames that are exempt...basically.

In Airio.cfg.txt you have this:-

# ---------------------- Prohibited Nicknames --------------------- #

# Pohibited nicknames or parts of those. People with these are
# kicked immediatelly after connecting. Char replacements (see below)
# are applied first. Items are entered as "PName=text". Nicknames are
# also checked for cursing (see below).

PName=unnamed
PName=admin
PName=login

So we can add;

PName=B2Ï (I believe that is how Airio "sees" B2R but would need to check that works)
THIS HAS NOW BEEN TESTED AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY

and then (also in Airio.cfg.txt) you have this:-

# --------------------- Limad Names and Levels -------------------- #

# Usernames (registered) of limited admins aka limads. These names
# are checked upon connecting and exact case insensitive match is
# required. Default rights: Level 0 - can use prohibited names (good
# for team members), Level 1 - can kick, Level 2 - can ban anyone
# connected, Level 3 - can ban and unban anyone, Level 4 - can do
# almost anything, Level 5 - can also manipulate with stats.

So we can add;

Limad0=Anthoop
Limad0=Velocity.
Limad0=Garally
etc.

Anyone that wants to use this method to stop Goatseforce will need our usernames so i have listed them below:

Dark[HUN]
bluenavy
redtifosi
Garally
calendur
Hubson PL
Manioos
smolar
razor99
Luko
GizMO-R
pug205
mattb66
lil chris
cathal50cc
Velocity.
Anthoop
Concept-X
LuMpi4211
Dissector
BoxX
Hasan 21
schumi7
Jacesdrm
xixe_r21
zaber
Xouron
Velocity Jnr

End of stupidly long post hehe
#5 - Silox
Hmm, that's only a half solution... He mostly creates new nicknames, gets them all on your server and from the first moment he has the majority, he bans your server. When he sees an admin, he's off with all his accounts. Really, we fought him and banning in not an option.

The only real solution for this problem is what Tim asks, an multiple IP block.

Btw Tim, I suggest to allow 2 or 3 connections per IP. Otherwise brothers can't race on your server together and maybe the InSim apps can be blocked.
Quote from Silox :Hmm, that's only a half solution...

The only real solution for this problem is what Tim asks, an multiple IP block.

Btw Tim, I suggest to allow 2 or 3 connections per IP. Otherwise brothers can't race on your server together and maybe the InSim apps can be blocked.

Would it be possible to make a multiple IP block but also be able to add exceptions? So for example, InSim apps and selected people can be allowed multi IP.
Quote from Silox :When he sees an admin, he's off with all his accounts.

I think monitoring server via LFSRemote doesn't shows you in connection list?
Just some ideas:

Have the InSim app kick people who start a voteban or -kick unless they have a certain reputation on the server, for example having participated in a certain number of races, done a certain number of laps or driven a certain distance on your server.

Count kicks per week (only those caused by the system), ban people who exceed 3 kicks per week for a month or so, don't think the goatseforce idiots will sit that one out, eventually they'll get bored if they can't really cause any ruckus. Ideally you'd share your data with other, trusted demo server owners (a global white- and blacklist?).
Recently Goatseforce have managed to get round the solution airio users have been using to prevent the use of B2R tags. B2R Anthoop has closed the loophole, please see below:

If you were giving anyone help with stopping B2 tag when using Airio, I have added some extras because of those different languages.

# ---------------------- Prohibited Nicknames --------------------- #
# Prohibited nicknames or parts of those. People with these are
# kicked immediatelly after connecting. Char replacements (see below)
# are applied first. Items are entered as "PName=text". Nicknames are
# also checked for cursing (see below).
PName=unnamed
PName=admin
PName=login
PName=B2Ï
PName=ß2
PName=Î’2
PName=Ð’2
PName=Â2

The bottom four look like B2 in game.
Can this be split, but not administrator rights, but I worked them.

"So we can add;

Limad0=Anthoop
Limad0=Velocity.
Limad0=Garally
etc."

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG