The online racing simulator
Quote from s2knott :i now hate FM fox junkies, i was on oval last night at about 1am eastern time.....

i had to work at 8am in the morning.

so ok one last race then bedtime.

4am i go to sleep after at least 50 oval laps.... SO DAMN ADDICTIVE i was so tired today i blame FM.

LOL! welcome to the wonderful world of high speed driving on the oval.
Quote from The Very End :It CAN be abused. How you justify that without an admin you canot kick one person that is high ranked? Now tell me, what does 19 random n00bs do vs one "high ranked" idiot that desides to wreck them all and cause shit? They canot do one thing, because they will just be kicked if they try to kick him.

I still think it's a very bad system.

There will always be situations/occasions where an admin is not present. As with all other servers when this is the case, a replay saved and sent to the server owners website to show the problem is all that's required. I think that scenario would be highly unlikely, you are just trying to come up with a situation where the system would fail. Since the system has been running, since the server was created, I'm sure there are many more scenarios where the system has proved to work effectively.

You may think it is a very bad system, absolutely no problem, you are entitled to that view.

Quote from The Very End :Belive what you want, making one member superior because he has races more races than a other member is so wrong that I not even have words for it. Driven many races tells nothing about a person.

But it does say something about their temperament. I can't believe somebody would spend the time required to be a highly ranked driver on the server just so that they can then drive like a maniac however many weeks/months later and be immune from administrative action. If such a situation did occur, the driver in question would be dealt with.

Quote :But sure, I bet all you "farmers" with high ranking belive you are god of the track. Yesterday I can say for sure that the member with gold rating and god knows what, were some nasty ignorant fools beliving they had the right to own the road, because they were higher ranked.

As always, no matter what server not just ours, if it was not witnessed then a replay is required for action to be taken. If what you say is true, that is still no need to say the system fails if one person was misbehaving. There is also no need to say that because somebody with a higher rank may not have been behaving properly, that all people with a higher rank will also behave incorrectly.

Quote :If you fail to see the flaws of a system like this you are either 1 - ignorant, 2 - naive, 3 - both, 4 - belive in huge epenis, 5 - a combinne of all.

Bring back CTRA I'd say.

No system is perfect. What system do you think would be better? Bearing in mind this has been in place for a considerable amount of time, and in this thread it has only now become an issue. Also I believe it is only an issue for you because you were a victim of it. Otherwise you would be happily driving around without thinking about it.
TVE,
I see alot of emotions in your posts.
Of course people with a rank difference of less than 3 can vote against higher ranked people. Higher ranked people will never be "superior" - we have many regular players on the server who can vote against players being 1 or 2 ranks higher. To be precise: we have 5 rank levels. A noob with rank 1 cannot vote against rank level 4 and 5. Rank 2 can already vote against rank 4 - and guess how long it takes for an experienced driver to get to rank 2? Maybe an hour or two. I can assure you, at any given time there will be enough people with a sufficient rank who can vote against anyone.

The "vision" you have of a stupid system wich enables high ranked people to do what they want is simply not true. You are more than welcome to spend an hour or two on our server and see for yourself.
There are servers, where you cannot vote at all. Would you prefer that? Making every player superior and enable them to do what they want? Or would you prefer being vote banned because during race you slightly touched a ban happy kid, supported by other ban happy kids who blindly press 1 no matter what? The system is a good compromise.
As you already know, we run a tight ship. Idiots would have been long banned before getting to rank 4 and 5. I dont know anything about the problems between you and Deko, but Deko has proven to be someone who doesnt need a ban or kick vote, you can always have a chat with him and discuss the things wich went wrong in an adult way. I am absolutely sure that quickly putting up just two simple words would have been enough to prevent people from voting against you: "can't pit". It could also be that Deko simply didnt know you and just thought "another idiot". Unfortunately there are many idiots on the server who dont have the slightest clue and only connect because it says 40/47 players on the server list. Of course, this frustrates those people who try to have a serious race and it may even lead to an unjustified vote. Nobody is perfect.
The system is also not perfect (no system ever will be), but it has proven to work.

Trust me, the majority of the regular players dont really care about ranks.
What you experienced was arrogance because there are some people who think they are "gods" not because of the rank they have on the server but because they got fast hotlaps on LFSW. This is a common problem mostly teenagers have in every online game. I try to keep the arrogance to a minimum on our servers - but that requires monitoring races/racers, and that is a job nobody pays us for. So it cant be done 24/7.

And regarding CTRA, as far as i know one of the reason it was cancelled was the fact that it required alot of admin work, reading all the complaints, watching replays, banning people etc. - that takes alot of effort and sooner or later even the "best" admin gets tired of that. So there really is a need for a system wich keeps the admin work to a minimum - unless you pay admins on an hourly basis for the work they do. But that will never happen.

I hope that the chill pill you took is in effect now and that you can look at things from a more logical point of view. Stop by on our server and get a proper rank () and maybe even assist us with sorting out the idiots - there are plenty of them.

See you around!
I was banned cause someone crashed me. Sometimes there are total noobs.
I'd admire the community spirit with which the opening post is made, but the same thing is true that is also true for threads that are about the polar opposite scenario which is more frequently posted:

Server operators are not responsible for the actions of drivers on their server, anyone can join a public access server. With no access restriction, there is no pre-approval of a drivers quality, hense a server admin team is only responsible for how they deal with complaints.

The problem here is racing drivers are very fast to complain and typically deny all fault, and when confronted with their actions - even when blatant - most drivers will still act in total denial.

Adminning a server leaves you either taking time to look at replays or keeping an eye on one or more drivers instead of racing yourself, you have to really care about the community and the game to do that for any period of time - because it stops becoming a game and starts becoming a responsibility.

I have a lot of respect for all the server operators who have some form of admin control on their servers, no matter how much they do or what lengths they go to to try and keep us lot under control, every good admin decision makes the community stronger, lessons are learned, and the racing improves.

But the real stars of the opening post are the drivers on the server at the time.
Quote from TurboBlaster :I was banned cause someone crashed me. Sometimes there are total noobs.

Always save the replay or rename the "temp" file in case you where not able to do so. Send it to the server owner and it will most likely be dealt with quickly and accordingly. Everything else is just a waste of time & space.
Quote from 510N3D :Always save the replay or rename the "temp" file in case you where not able to do so. Send it to the server owner and it will most likely be dealt with quickly and accordingly. Everything else is just a waste of time & space.

Youre right, i forgot to make the replay. It goes all so fast, that i couldnt react.
Quote from TurboBlaster :Youre right, i forgot to make the replay. It goes all so fast, that i couldnt react.

Remember, if you get kicked /banned off a server, and you generally have replay recording on (which I think is default), the replay of the last race is named "TEMP" and you can browse to the replay folder, rename the file to something you like, like "bannedFromServerXY.mpr" and have thereby saved the replay of the incident no matter how fast it went.
too much unclean racing.... if you try to be fair in one corner, you will be shot off the track in the next corner as a "thank you"...
The banning in this game does seriously need to be looked at I think. I was pretty much singled out for a very minor error while calamity was ensuing around and got banned. (Not an FM server )
It needs to be a bit more transparent in my view. CTRA had a very good way with dealing with bans through the whole appeal system and was quite fair.
There seems to be an ever increasing amount of Admins with the ban stick who maybe take it a step too far, especially on us long termers.
FM's servers are quite fair in that they will kick people first, I've even seen second chance kicks then a ban. Then once banned you can have it out on their forums.
If you are kicked they will explain why and ask you to remedy/resolve the issue.
I think this much fairer than say a 6 day instant ban for minor infractions.

(I will not name the server I was banned from, they know who they are).

Quote from Trekkerfahrer :too much unclean racing.... if you try to be fair in one corner, you will be shot off the track in the next corner as a "thank you"...

Last race information: (17:17 - 19 Jun '09)
Host: (FM) FoX JuNkieS
I read the OP a few days ago and after a few races there I thought he must be out of his mind thinking that the racing was clean. After today, however, I've certainly realized that if you're going to start at the back of the grid don't expect to make it through T1 on certain circuits (SO1/4, FE2, and maybe 1 or two more). Luckly, it seems like there are only a few tracks with this problem, and iff you get stuck on one just leave and come back in an hour and they're on a new track. My most recent races, on WE1, have been fantastic on this server. The track is wide enough to avoid any crashes that occur, and the opening section is pretty easy if you know what your doing. Last race i started a deadly 27th(I always start at the back on purpose) and managed to work up to 6th. This wasn't just me shooting by all the wrecks, I was actually racing people.

The best part of the race was the two lap battle I had with another racer. We fought for fifth and managed to swap places over eight times, all without ever even bumping eachother. In the end, I lifted to give him the spot down the home straight for reminding me why I didn't renew my Iracing subscription.
I just went to the server to race becuase I'm newish to the FOX but i wanted to get better and i'de raced on the server before and was getting better but today i go on and it spectates me becuase i have to have a certain PB time on LFS World to race on the server and i thought thats kinda dumb because i can't even race to try and get that time and FM FOX Junkies is the only server that races FOX regularly and if there were another server they probibly would not be on the same tracks o i can try to get the time, and if i tryed switching the track on the other server it probibly would go to a random one by auto select so IMOO the idea having people to have a PB time better than 1:08 i think it was for the track they were on when i connected is a stupid idea as only pro's are going to race then and people that race clean but arn't that fast can't race. Like me i'm clean but i am not the fastest.
#63 - DeKo
Quote from swisscosmo :I just went to the server to race becuase I'm newish to the FOX but i wanted to get better and i'de raced on the server before and was getting better but today i go on and it spectates me becuase i have to have a certain PB time on LFS World to race on the server and i thought thats kinda dumb because i can't even race to try and get that time and FM FOX Junkies is the only server that races FOX regularly and if there were another server they probibly would not be on the same tracks o i can try to get the time, and if i tryed switching the track on the other server it probibly would go to a random one by auto select so IMOO the idea having people to have a PB time better than 1:08 i think it was for the track they were on when i connected is a stupid idea as only pro's are going to race then and people that race clean but arn't that fast can't race. Like me i'm clean but i am not the fastest.

very easy to solve that problem, knock up a quick server in LFS for yourself (multiplayer > Start new host) and set the required PB. the time you need to match on the FM server is usually ridiculously easy to get.
Quote from DeKo :very easy to solve that problem, knock up a quick server in LFS for yourself (multiplayer > Start new host) and set the required PB. the time you need to match on the FM server is usually ridiculously easy to get.

ya but doesn't making a server use a lot of internet?
just use our team server theres hardly nyone ever on it so just set the track and set the time
#66 - DeKo
Quote from swisscosmo :ya but doesn't making a server use a lot of internet?

no, nobody else is connecting to it. all your basically doing is creating a single player race that connects to LFSW, i dont understand why a lot of people have issues over this.
I've just been on FOX Junkies for an hour and a half and I've got a right sweat on lol.

I only saw one complete idiot tonight.
I love the server, usually great racing for me. I have many replays of epic battles.
Today the server has been shocking. Yesterday it was OK. Anyway, the reason for me posting is to ask why saying the word "gay" gets an instant kick from the server? Since when is gay an insulting word? In the context I used - "that doesn't sound gay at all" (iirc), it got me kicked from the server which was full seconds later as the race started. It seems everytime I had a good race shaping up something happened to ruin it. /rant
Quote from DaveWS :Today the server has been shocking. Yesterday it was OK. Anyway, the reason for me posting is to ask why saying the word "gay" gets an instant kick from the server? Since when is gay an insulting word? In the context I used - "that doesn't sound gay at all" (iirc), it got me kicked from the server which was full seconds later as the race started. It seems everytime I had a good race shaping up something happened to ruin it. /rant

May I add, gay = happy in French
Quote from DaveWS :Today the server has been shocking. Yesterday it was OK. Anyway, the reason for me posting is to ask why saying the word "gay" gets an instant kick from the server? Since when is gay an insulting word? In the context I used - "that doesn't sound gay at all" (iirc), it got me kicked from the server which was full seconds later as the race started. It seems everytime I had a good race shaping up something happened to ruin it. /rant

Yes, the swearing filter needs work. IIRC f**k isn't swearing
The worst is allways first (sometimes second) corner. Later it's usually good clean racing
Quote from Simpson :The worst is allways first (sometimes second) corner. Later it's usually good clean racing

Ever raced on SO1 with full grid? It's only possible to race there if FM-Failure is online and enables noob-protection (no midrace join, minimum PB).
lol... but which FM server?
lol I'm always on the FM oval server for BF1's, and I'm like the only one. There's 4 FM servers, I wish there was a 5th one, just for FBM's, for example in like SO CITY CHICANE where it's nice and tight just perfect for the FBM. Also, everyone says FM servers but which ones? lol

(FM) FoX JunKieZ (FOX)
(FM) OvaL JunKieZ 1 (XRR, FXR,FZR)
(FM) OvaL JunKieZ 2 (FO8) <<<<< this one is always crowded
(FM) Oval JunKieZ 3 (BF1)

I never been on the SR Server so I can't comment on how good or bad it is, although SR seems cool so it probably would also be cool.

Who do I have to paypal to get an FM FBM server around here? xD jk jk FM for liiiiife!!! xD

note: on FM ovals, be patient in the first few turns lol, let the ones who are gonna wipeout do it, I usually finish in the top 5 even starting from the rear of a 15 car grid that way. lol I'm probably on an FM server while you're reading this, if it says so under my name rofl
Quote from J@tko :You either get amazingly clean racing or simply shocking racing. I've had some amazing races there, and some **** ones.

Same here. I was having some really nice races a couple weeks ago. But recently there has been a lot idiots outbraking themselves at T1. I get knocked out of the race most of the time when im starting in the middle.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG