The online racing simulator
Quote from mcintyrej :Very nice - so does the turn speed still work as fast when the strength isn't as high? For example could the G25-E Be run at 40% LFS Strength yet still rotate as fast?

Very nice work so far!

Quote from STF :Exactly what i was wondering myself. I guess that would partially eliminate some heat too.

The calibration speed is independent of the percentage strength setting.
Also in original G25 the behaviour is the same.
The initial calibration procedure is for auto-learning the end-course rotation and the acquisition of the steps number by an encoder fixed on one motor.
The higher speed rotation is due to the higher voltage applied to the G25 motors.
Quote from MijnWraak :I noticed it's a lot more noisy with the mods; do you have any plans for quieting it a bit?

It's more noisy only while calibration in progress, that's normal, the motors do rotate at a higher speed.

During the game session the noise is normal as an un-mod G25.
Dear friends,

at this link, you can see a video comparison between normal G25 and G25-E by ARC_Team.

Comparison Video

We have also change big fan with 2 smallest mantaining the same temp instead.

More news are ready to come, soon.
Quote from pgrande :Great Work, congrats!!!

Big question for me is, are you planning to sell a DIY KIT so we can make the Mod by ourselves? I would be very pleased customer if this is possible.

TKS

Quote from Tomhah :+1

Quote from Byku :Awesome! O.O Seriously! Great work with that! Any G25 broken already? I've never opened G25 myself(still under warranty), do You think that G25 might withstand such a stress for long time? Do You have any prediction of the cost? Will You sell modded G25 or will You mod other peoples G25 which are send to You? Seriously guys, my jaw dropped when i've seen that YouTube film .

+1

Dear friends,

It's possible for us to sell the kit for the mod (all needed components included; electronic circuit, cables, fans, switch, fuse, power supply and photo+text instruction manual) but the whole job should be executed by a skilled personnel, It doesn't mean you gotta be an electronic engineer but any of you who would wanna do this mod must be able to use soldering station very well 'cause soldering and desoldering components on the original circuit board (some of them quite small) is required.
If you think you can get the job, it worth the shot to boost up your G25 !
BUT, if you're not able to do the job, you can send your G25 to us and we can do the mod for you.
Quote from arc team :Dear friends,

It's possible for us to sell the kit for the mod (all needed components included; electronic circuit, cables, fans, switch, fuse, power supply and photo+text instruction manual) but the whole job should be executed by a skilled personnel, It doesn't mean you gotta be an electronic engineer but any of you who would wanna do this mod must be able to use soldering station very well 'cause soldering and desoldering components on the original circuit board (some of them quite small) is required.
If you think you can get the job, it worth the shot to boost up your G25 !
BUT, if you're not able to do the job, you can send your G25 to us and we can do the mod for you.

Gooood news!!! and very kind for you to be so honest! I have those skills plus the equipement, so please let me know when it is ready for sale!!! I have 2 spare G25s waiting for Steroids...
Quote from pgrande :...I have 2 spare G25s waiting for Steroids...

LOL! Now that's funny. Roid-raging G25s
Yeah, I think I will get one of those! Amazing!
Price will be released at the end of april when hope to release the kit. To build the kit are required 5 hours of handmade + components + new power supply as you can see in first picture at the top of this topic. Actually we try to define the best solution to have a right price for a good service. Please, remember that a professional wheel as FREX-BRD-VPP have a cost over 1000€ (1500/2000).

We are happy to inform that we are working on another project and we hope to release if is really possible. The price? No comment because we don't know again how much is the cost of the prototype...... My god!

Cool :jawdrop:

Some sort of F1 wheel?
Im gonna buy one of these sets! That wheel looks amazing!
Quote from arc team :Please, remember that a professional wheel as FREX-BRD-VPP have a cost over 1000€ (1500/2000).

A professional wheel also comes with a warranty, which I suppose is lost when in the case of a modded G25, unless you plan to offer a warranty extension along with the mod ?
Quote from arc team :Price will be released at the end of april when hope to release the kit. To build the kit are required 5 hours of handmade + components + new power supply as you can see in first picture at the top of this topic. Actually we try to define the best solution to have a right price for a good service. Please, remember that a professional wheel as FREX-BRD-VPP have a cost over 1000€ (1500/2000).

We are happy to inform that we are working on another project and we hope to release if is really possible. The price? No comment because we don't know again how much is the cost of the prototype...... My god!

Yes Man! This is needed and should be the next move!!!

Are u reading minds??? ...
Quote from NightShift :A professional wheel also comes with a warranty, which I suppose is lost when in the case of a modded G25, unless you plan to offer a warranty extension along with the mod ?

Of course.
Quote from hazaky :No offense, but the fan totally ruins the wheel. Fan should be placed under the wheel. And there is no airflow too as i watch on the pictures. Fan should be at bottom of the wheel with little spacing thing (few knobs under wheel) and there should be a flow-out hole on the top of it - maybe there where the fan actually is atm.

hot air rises cold air from the bottom would be sucked from any holes under the g25 and get forced to flow around the inside of the g25 by the fan and then sucked out by the fan but i do agree of the fan being ugly and maybe a more effishent fan could be used like a fan with a heat sensor or maybe water cooling could be used
Quote from Supaheli :hot air rises cold air from the bottom would be sucked from any holes under the g25 and get forced to flow around the inside of the g25 by the fan and then sucked out by the fan but i do agree of the fan being ugly and maybe a more effishent fan could be used like a fan with a heat sensor or maybe water cooling could be used

Already answered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazaky
No offense, but the fan totally ruins the wheel. Fan should be placed under the wheel. And there is no airflow too as i watch on the pictures. Fan should be at bottom of the wheel with little spacing thing (few knobs under wheel) and there should be a flow-out hole on the top of it - maybe there where the fan actually is atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeusRattus
Sorry, but a fan under the wheel would not make any sense as there would be next to no airflow, because the table would obstruct it.

Both of you are right, the fan on the top ain't esthetically good, we are trying with smaller and thinner fans AND YES, we did open the front vents to let the air flow, exactly in the front of the housing on the two grilled opening, inside they are almost totally closed by two fins that we got cutted off, this trick is essential for the correct air flow.
Putting the fan on the bottom is phisically impossible, inside the housing on the bottom there is part of the mechanical structure which makes the wheel rotating, forthermore as ColeusRattus said, the table would obstruct the air flow at the beginning. Would you make a hole on your table? I think no!
#66 - Juls
Quote from arc team :
For your second query we figured out the characteristics of the motors and its manufacturer thus we are pretty sure that increasing the voltage doesn't harm the motors (the motors voltage is higher compared to the voltage we're supplying them) but the more heating produced had to be sunk ABSOLUTELY or they would get burnt out, thus the choice of an electric fan (ugly but functional!)

The specified motor voltage applies only when the motor is not blocked. When blocked, current through the motor is far more important.
If you take a 24 volts motor and block it, it will burn.

In a wheel motors are blocked most of time. That is why wheels HAVE to use motors with a far lower voltage than specified.
What is important is not voltage but current. In a wheel, motors reach their max current and heat with a lower voltage than specified, because they are blocked.

Second point....heat in DC motors is produced in the rotor...which is enclosed inside the motor. For the heat to reach the outside of the motor, it has to cross the air gap between rotor and stator. And air is a very poor heat conductor. As a result, even if you cool the outside of the motor with a fan, the rotor inside will reach a very high temperature.

I suppose the G25 motors should be able to survive this, but you can not say you stay within motors specifications. What is the current max going through motors with your mod?
Quote from Juls :The specified motor voltage applies only when the motor is not blocked. When blocked, current through the motor is far more important.
If you take a 24 volts motor and block it, it will burn.

In a wheel motors are blocked most of time. That is why wheels HAVE to use motors with a far lower voltage than specified.
What is important is not voltage but current. In a wheel, motors reach their max current and heat with a lower voltage than specified, because they are blocked.

Second point....heat in DC motors is produced in the rotor...which is enclosed inside the motor. For the heat to reach the outside of the motor, it has to cross the air gap between rotor and stator. And air is a very poor heat conductor. As a result, even if you cool the outside of the motor with a fan, the rotor inside will reach a very high temperature.

I suppose the G25 motors should be able to survive this, but you can not say you stay within motors specifications. What is the current max going through motors with your mod?

1) The motor voltage declared by the manufacturer is 60V, we increased the supply voltage staying much below this value 'cause we know about the current consumption while the motor is blocked.

2) Yes, the heat is produced in the rotor so the choice to abandon the single fan and putting two smaller (quieter and esthetically better) fans right over the motors, furthermore the motors have an opening over the brushes location, thus the air flow, passing through, can sink even more heat than a single fan.

3) The electric consumption acquired with our instruments gave us a 3.2A of maximum consumption so the need to replace the inner fuse (2A) with an external one placed on top right of the housing, of 4A.

Thanks for your enquiry.
Daniel Romanoni
Electronic engineer - ARC_Team
#68 - Juls
OK, so it looks like you use 48volts and get 4 times more heat than default G25. With two small fans why not! It still looks reasonable.
Quote from Juls :OK, so it looks like you use 48volts and get 4 times more heat than default G25. With two small fans why not! It still looks reasonable.

You got the point , yes we use 48 Volt power supply (of course we also modified a section of the inner electronics making a new board and replacing some of the components on the original board) but the power supply has a trimmer that allow you to adjust the output voltage in order to get the FFB more flexible for various software games and different users, the lower voltage achievable is about 42V, for the higher is a must to not go over the 48V 'cause the power supply can reach 55V, in that case a damage to the motors and/or fans may occur.
Greets!
This wheel looks very good. Are the paddle shifters modified? I feel that's a weak point of the G25. I would like a more positive realistic feel and click when downshifting and upshifting.

Any idea on when the other F1 like wheel will be released? That looks amazing. I'm looking to upgrade my wheel from my current regular G25.
it might be a little late now but why not use the input censer from the wheel to see if it is actively moving then turn the power up/on from the normal level? same with the fans put a temp probe on the outside of the case of the motor and when it gets to a certain the fans kick on?
Arc Team:

I saw you have relesead it for sale!!!! TKS!!!
-
(NightShift) DELETED by NightShift
Yes Pablo, we have released for Italian guy but not yet for international.

We are finishing ecommerce area before to do official comunication but, as i know, you are just in contact with my guy Daniele that are giving all info's you need. You know the way to order it. In next day we open internationals order.
Quote from hsmith :This wheel looks very good. Are the paddle shifters modified? I feel that's a weak point of the G25. I would like a more positive realistic feel and click when downshifting and upshifting.

Any idea on when the other F1 like wheel will be released? That looks amazing. I'm looking to upgrade my wheel from my current regular G25.

We are working on 3 different kind of wheels. All will be released with clutch paddles.
OK guys I received the kit 2 days ago... it took me 6 hours to complete the Job. I received great support from ARC Team since the beggining, special thanks to them (no names for privacy) l!!!!!!!!

First impressions:

1) Centering takes 4 seconds!!!!!
2) Response is inmmediate
3) Level of FFB has been multiplicated in that way that I can't use it with the profiler at 100%
4) The level of details is tremendous, I feel little details now...
5) More will came...

If you are a hardcore Simracer, this is for you... it gets real not easier...

I'm uploading a few Vids... at the moment see this pictures.

Thanks ARC team again, I have a new experience now.
Attached images
DSC00481 (Large).JPG
DSC00486 (Large).JPG
DSC00493 (Large).JPG
DSC00499 (Large).JPG
DSC00480 (Large).JPG
DSC00500 (Large).JPG

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG