The online racing simulator
Quote from S.Leemet :Vista ultimate 32 bit SP2. Happened with Z10

Not really a bug. Some firewall or antivirus blocked socket connection.
Cheers Velo, you sorted it for me in the PM you sent me yesterday.
Quote from nesrulz :Z10 here.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64x.
nVidia 9600 GT with 182.50 drivers.

Problem with display sleep mode.

[Vista starts screen saver even while LFS is in full screen mode]

Does this help?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr ... ;product=1147610&dlc=

It says to solve this problem when watching full screen video, you can set Vista to not "Require a password on wakeup". I don't know if that will help with LFS...
Quote from Scawen :Does this help?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr ... ;product=1147610&dlc=

It says to solve this problem when watching full screen video, you can set Vista to not "Require a password on wakeup". I don't know if that will help with LFS...

Hi,

I tried with this.

I don't have problem with screen saver.
My problem is with power options, "Turn off the display"...

Screen saver work fine, in wondow mode he is start, in full screen mode not.

I tested and these settings:

Run screen saver after 1 min., then run "Turn off the display" after 2 min.
Again same issue after 2 min.

RGDS
It seems to be a problem with game controllers. Vista doesn't seem to detect that the user is using a game controller and it thinks that user is doing nothing. If you press keyboard buttons or mouse the display will stay on.
OK, but what if I don't want to touch anything for one or two minutes?
If I want only to watch the race, without touching any of the commands...
don't use auto power off? Learn to use the on/off button on the front of your monitor. Or don't set it for such a low amount of time...
senn, F.O. What idiot...

Low amount of time is just for test - of course, I typically use 15 or 30 mins. for "Turn off the display", and I don't use the screen saver.
well ok, why does your monitor need to shut off after 2 minutes? Does it really need that much protection so you don't get image burn? If you want a problem fixed, sometimes the easy solutions are the best. Turn off auto power off, and use screen saver (as you said screen saver is fine)

That way your games won't get interrupted. I run Vista 32, and have auto power off, but haven't had this issue, so i dunno, maybe your PC is weird.
Quote from senn :well ok, why does your monitor need to shut off after 2 minutes? Does it really need that much protection so you don't get image burn?

Quote from nesrulz :Low amount of time is just for test - of course, I typically use 15 or 30 mins. for "Turn off the display", and I don't use the screen saver.

btw, Scawen, I have this problem only with LFS, other games work fine with same test.

EDIT: other games work fine and in window mod, no problem with "Turn off the display" option...
Last edited by nesrulz; Today at 02:25.

and my post was 2.20, so i didn't see what you'd edited, now did i?

Anyway, yeah i've never had this screensaver/power save issue running Vista32, and my screensaver time is set pretty low, so i dunno what to say *shrug*
Quote from senn :Anyway, yeah i've never had this screensaver/power save issue running Vista32, and my screensaver time is set pretty low, so i dunno what to say *shrug*

Screensaver does not come on, but the monitors will turn off. It could be a issue with 64-bit only, because thats what I have too and it happens for me.
I believe this may be an issue about how vista detects full-screen apps. In XP, full-screen games load a full 3d environment etc, which is detected by windows and stops the powersave. In Vista, the desktop itself is a 3D environment, so vista may not actually know a game has loaded.

Media players usually have to disable powersave themselves (I assume theres an API command to do it) and many have this option in the settings. Some do it automatically and some (like the POS that came with my TV card) don't do it at all so the monitor turns off while watching TV. It may be possible to implement something similar in LFS to properly disable monitor powersave funtions.

*Disclamer:
I pulled the 'how windows detects 3d apps' theory out of my arse - I'm probably completely wrong on that, but disabling monitor powersave in a similar way to media players should still work
Quote from Scawen :I don't know if that will help with LFS...

This may be of interest: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646360(VS.85).aspx

Quote from MSDN :Microsoft Windows Vista and later: If password protection is enabled by policy, the screen saver is started regardless of what an application does with the SC_SCREENSAVE notification—even if fails to pass it to DefWindowProc.

If you're using SC_SCREENSAVE to prevent the screensaver from turning on, that is most likely the culprit. Also (wild stab in the dark), if you don't process the SC_MONITORPOWER WM_SYSCOMMAND in your window procedure, that may be why nesrulz has the screen go into powersave mode.
when ther will be LFS test patch Z11 plz answer
Quote from Tomba(FIN) : optramore
No longer welcome

He had 3 posts before, maybe he got banned for posting something c*a*k-related, and that message got deleted.
#444 - Aid
Quote from BOSCHO :found bug..

my car is under the bridge and the shadow is on the bridge

Quote from kubsztyk :Also here...

i also have this bug but i was using 0.5z so this 'bridge' shadows may not be directly related to z10 but track bugs

aston gt first bridge

Quote from Aid :i also have this bug but i was using 0.5z so this 'bridge' shadows may not be directly related to z10 but track bugs

aston gt first bridge

old bug unrelated to the test patches, and everything related to directx.
Quote from wien :This may be of interest: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646360(VS.85).aspx

If you're using SC_SCREENSAVE to prevent the screensaver from turning on, that is most likely the culprit. Also (wild stab in the dark), if you don't process the SC_MONITORPOWER WM_SYSCOMMAND in your window procedure, that may be why nesrulz has the screen go into powersave mode.

Thanks for this information. In fact, LFS did not process any WM_SYSCOMMAND messages until now. I've changed it to process the SC_SCREENSAVE and SC_MONITORPOWER commands (doing nothing) if LFS is in full screen mode.

In windowed mode, LFS continues to pass those messages to DefWindowProc as before. Hopefully the new action in full screen mode will fix it for nesrulz and geeman1.

The only test I could do on my XP computer was to process those commands even when windowed - in that case screen saver and power save were successfully avoided. So... this will be in the next test patch and I hope it will solve the problem.

I hope to be able to release another compatible test patch here this week as I've done various fixes (including a Z10 crash that sometimes happened when many cars were in view).
Hello! This is happen in Patch Z10 and Aston Club.

The problem is, I do not know is this already known or is this have a new one? Sorry if not new but just found this on Z10.

This is not edited however -.-

EDIT: Car's original color is White, and going to red barrell, *WHOAH!* It has a barrier's shadow color there
Attached images
Nobug.jpg
yesbug.jpg
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Hello! This is happen in ....

Yyy... i don't see the problem O.o. What happens on Aston? O.o

Edit. Indeed Andrei221 .
And the problem is ? Sorry i can't find it

lol same minute byku
I think the car has the barrier's color.
-
(nesrulz) DELETED by the_angry_angel
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG