Poll : Should he pay up?

Yes
No
Haha, so you think like this? :

*Knocks on Grip's door*
Strange outside stares at him.
"You own me 1000 bucks"
Grip : What the ****?
"You posted on internet that you would give me money if I found the adress for you. I did, so now give me my money"

I don't actually think you need to fear, I mean, just by looking on my contact info you can gain enough information to find out where I live, in presice adresse. I don't fear anyone from LFS forum will come home to me and beat the crap out of me for things I'v said on this forum.
Easier than you think TVE...just get the guys IP, back-check that to his ISP, and then just get a court order (in the case of unpaid debt...VERY easy) to get the ISP to give his address, then go buy a baseball bat and go knocking
"So easy". It's not only to get that IP. At least by norwegian law it's so far only police that can make cases to the court demanding to know who's IP belongs to who. Then if courts agrees the police can send a request to the ISP, that gives them the info.
Quote from The Very End :"So easy". It's not only to get that IP. At least by norwegian law it's so far only police that can make cases to the court demanding to know who's IP belongs to who. Then if courts agrees the police can send a request to the ISP, that gives them the info.

Also, to get his IP you must send him PM with sniffer-image, which breaks forum rules (of course, if moderator won't help you).
is it really that bad - i mean, that we're talking about courts and police already
Internet is a bloody serious buisness.
Quote from hazaky :is it really that bad - i mean, that we're talking about courts and police already

It sure is. Next we're arranging a lynch mob to go round his house with some socks filled with pool balls.
Quote from hazaky :Edit: Maybe its just me - that stuff is on other threads too. Wierd =/

It must be. The only moderation on record for this thread is when I merged two consecutive posts by one member.
Yes, and copyright laws also cover small things such as typos.
if ur found to legaly owe someone money you DO NOT have to spesify a time /date you will pay them. IE if you show intent to pay them back thats good enough as long as u do NOT state a time/date you can owe them money for ever.

if u dont beleave me check the laws under fraud/stealing :P

not 100% sure how it works in america but if u show intent to pay a debt you can get away without paying it.
But by not paying or making an effort to pay then you renege on that intent in law, and can get dragged back to court. So you can't just owe someone forever that easily.
@ Grip Driver - Do not worry, there is no way that they can make you pay, as under the international gambling laws Section 1.5.6a states that;

Quote :All bets arranged must be replied with the words "you are on" or to a similar affect (in cases of a face to face bets a handshake is sufficient enough). Failure to do so means that if any fool does come up and tries to claim the bet against you, then you are entitled to use the 'Tight Fisted Scottish Bar-steward Clause' to avoid paying out

This was introduced to the man-rules (you should have got the book as you turned 16) after a similar incident in a village just outside Aberdeen where one farmer said a sarcastic, off the cuff remark, something about sheep i think, but the story has lost a bit over the years. Anyway cut a long story short, those sheep were no longer fit for breeding or human consumption and left one guy without a flock and the other.....well I can't say too much as I could get banned from the forums.

Anyway to sum up, since no one took the bet 'officially' on and instead tried to be opportunistic beggers, invoke the clause....
Grip Driver posted previously in the "post your car" thread a link to Craigslist in Denver. Also, posted in the "what's your internet speed" thread which gave a server listed in Denver.

Hmmmm.....

I've got me a couple of buddies and some time off work coming up. Think maybe I'll take a little ride out to Denver. :mischievo

Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
It's difficult to tell if people are actually serious here or if they're just taking the piss because it's Grip Driver and he's a bit annoying.
Quote from mrodgers :Grip Driver posted previously in the "post your car" thread a link to Craigslist in Denver. Also, posted in the "what's your internet speed" thread which gave a server listed in Denver.

Hmmmm.....

I've got me a couple of buddies and some time off work coming up. Think maybe I'll take a little ride out to Denver. :mischievo

Take a chainsaw and a couple of 9's as well, for good measure.
#69 - JJ72
Quote from amp88 :It's difficult to tell if people are actually serious here or if they're just taking the piss because it's Grip Driver and he's a bit annoying.

Wow the standard of acting is definitely not bad around here.
Quote from amp88 :It's difficult to tell if people are actually serious here or if they're just taking the piss because it's Grip Driver and he's a bit annoying.

For me it's the 2nd option.
this is just so classic.
All I can say is that i much prefer to drive "with grip" as opposed to "without".
Of course he should pay.

If you make a bet and lose the money is owed and therefor needs to be paid. Either that or you're a lying scum Grip Driver.
Why are you guys totally flaming me? What did I ever do to you?
You made a bet and refused to pay!

Grip Driver must pay up
(231 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG