The online racing simulator
Track Position Ticker
(40 posts, started )
Track Position Ticker
The Track Position Ticker was originally developed to help racers who are participating in events on the Autocross track to know what position they are in at any given moment, but will work with any track. The program resembles the live event broadcast tickers that many TV channels display on the top of the screen.

As usual, please leave any ideas, criticisms and suggestions as they help improve the program.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

Features:
  • Works on any track.
  • Configurable to choose where the ticker is on screen; Top or Bottom.
  • Configurable ticker cycle delay.
  • Configurable to run server side on a multiplayer server or locally on a replay.
  • User selectable On/Off option, to turn ticker on or off for only that user.
  • Commands to show running order in middle of screen; useful for broadcasting.
Wanted Features: (Green = completed, awaiting next build)
  • Scroll smoothly the driver listing across the ticker.
  • Configurable amount of postions on ticker at one time.
  • Show gap times in middle-of-screen listing.
Changelog:

V 0.6.5.0
  • Added missing BL3.
  • Added config option of button height. Can make it more readable.
  • Added version updater, will prompt you to download new version automatically.
V 0.6.0.0
  • Configurable removing of playername colors.
  • Remove showing a line on the ticker that has no drivers.
  • On non-AU tracks, update positions immediately.
V 0.5.0.0
  • Start
Attached images
shot1.png
shot2.png
Attached files
TPT0.5.0.0.zip - 61.5 KB - 291 views
TPT0.6.0.0.zip - 62.5 KB - 418 views
:banana::banana::banana::banana: :wow::wow::wow: :bounce8:

Can't wait to try it out !

Always good stuff from you, Kevin, so I'm sure this will be, too.

:bandit:
wow, this sure looks useful. cool program!
Finally! Someone made an app to track positions on autocross custom tracks. This has been needed for a long time.

You rock, Kevin!

EDIT: w00t! Made it in the example pic!
good god kenneth pops up everywhere doesn't he?
Good stuff - a suggestion: Especially for broadcast, wheres theres limited room, have an option to set how many positions are on the ticker (and have the boxes fill out all of the space to make things readable) and also have an option to remove the colours or at be able to set your own text colour for the tickers - again, to improve readability.

And, an alias feature - like TVD, and if possible, using the usernames rather than screen names - to correct any naming mistakes, or to say, change the naming format, again to make it easier to read on a broadcast.
wow... ^+1 what he said too. Very good insim by its features, ill try it out this evening when i come home back from training
Quote from banshee56 :Finally! Someone made an app to track positions on autocross custom tracks. This has been needed for a long time.

You rock, Kevin!

EDIT: w00t! Made it in the example pic!

+1 Looks Like a great app

And I made it in the example pic too! I'm Famous!
Just don't tell Todd.....it's bad enough as it is
Could someone help me and tell me how to install this? Thanks
You just unzip the file to anywhere you want, open the config.ini file and fill out the details, then start it.
Kevin, we need to give something back to you after all your amazingly great applications!
As long as people are using the programs, that's enough for me :P

On second thought, it'd be nice if people signup for my league. Though, right now it's being restructured, as there's far too many GTR leagues.
And also where do i find out what my insim port is and where i put the password?

Sorry for these questions but i just started to play with these mods.
look in the config.ini file. that's where you put in your ip, port and admin pass.
Yes i know. But how do i know if the port is right? And after i put my password in what do i do in the game to make it work?

Thanks
That you'll have to find out from your server provider or the server's setup.cfg file. After that, you don't have to do anything, the program has no other commands except for the ones detailed in the readme.txt.
Good work, very useful! Will give it a try soon. Keep it up.
Is possible to show gaps between drivers in the listing?
I don't think there would be space in the Ticker, but could do so in the middle-of-screen listings, sure. I'll put that in the list.
Doesn't work here, tried it on a server, no luck, I set up the config.ini, started it, got the 0.6.0.0 stuff, then nothing else
Could you please quote the error.txt file found in the folder. If there is none, could you please turn the debug option in config.ini to true and write down what it does.
Odd. Debug is set to true. No error.txt
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Odd. Debug is set to true. No error.txt

You set the Replay option to false to connect it to a multiplayer server, right? Also, what is the console saying when you start it? Also, you have to allow sufficient time for the program to get lap data from cars when they cross the finish line.
Excellent little app!!

Works great for spectating and watching replays.

One question though ... I can't seem to make the middle-of-the-screen displays to work. nothing happens when I enter $page1 ... thoughts?

Track Position Ticker
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG