The online racing simulator
is lfs actually the best sim?
(70 posts, started )
It actually has :\
No doubt, atleast for me - its the best and most known. Friendly community and stuff.
I don't give a rats ass. I liked it because it was easy to get online, it was fun for a while and it ran on my crappy computer.

(I think RBR is the best sim btw.)
how the hell did this turn into a thread where everyone comes, and says they think lfs is the greatest sim for them. if i remember right, in my post i kinda said that it could be possible that some arcade game could actually be sim thanks to its graphics and sounds, NOT ASKING WHAT SIM YOU LIKE THE MOST, i was asking was your opinion of could an arcade game be sim pechause its has good graphics
What I'm looking for is specifically this:

When I flick this, this happens. When I push that, that happens.

Works great in COD, Halo, iRacing, Myst....

What makes it a sim is if it flicks this and pushes that in an accurate representation of what I believe I'm seeing on the screen.

When it comes to real time, drivable, automobile simulations, LFS is the best I've tried so far. By a long shot.
I don't know. I've been talking crap about iRacing on it's forum. Only you gots to be reeeeeeal carefullike. The forums are highly censored and moderated.

Seriously. One of the most bland environments I've ever seen.

Quote from Tim_J_23 :This is just getting stupid.

All the threads like:

"did iRacing kill LFS?"
"Which is best? LFS or iRacing?"
"is lfs actually the best sim?"

DUDE!
You are on the forums for LFS (LIVE FOR SPEED) so what the **** do you think your answer will be?
This is not only for this thread but for all other retarded threads out there too.
And another information, I don't think anyone really cares.

Quote from Takumi_lfs :Well, LFS is actually the best sim since there are not any reliable sims near lfs.

There are lots of good sims, personaly i think iRacing is going to take over as the best sim as it has the most forward momentum at this time. The development is constant & they have a large team working on it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. All i can say is try it.

LFS comes in second as development has ground to a halt & they make such a meal out of every release. I still really like LFS as the racing is very good but it just looks old & tired these days, no signs of change either. Value for money with LFS is simply unbeatable!

NKpro comes in third as I dont know enough about it to comment.
(downloading demo today)
Quote from anttt69 :There are lots of good sims, personaly i think iRacing is going to take over as the best sim as it has the most forward momentum at this time. The development is constant & they have a large team working on it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. All i can say is try it.

LFS comes in second as development has ground to a halt & they make such a meal out of every release. I still really like LFS as the racing is very good but it just looks old & tired these days, no signs of change either. Value for money with LFS is simply unbeatable!

NKpro comes in third as I dont know enough about it to comment.
(downloading demo today)

iRacing is going be most expensive "sim" ever.

I tried iRacing, but it feels like I am controlling Flinstones car
#59 - Riel
LFS gives me an Environment where I have the possibility to grow with an almost unlimited amount. The whole package gives something our mind can learn, get better. All of that with a reasonable good real-life simulation.

Then the whole community, the possibility of some added development (lapper and so on) to tweak it for another communities taste makes the LFS package something unique.

Never has it been so easy to just say 'LETS START A NICE LEAGUE' where it's just very easy to jump in and start growing and getting better.

No other sim has that I think, and that's unique about LFS.

Now I didn't talk about physics and graphics at all
Oh my...

What a fine and productive discussion we have here!

Now lets get to the ultimate agreement, so I can know for sure if LFS really is the best sim.

May I suggest a pole?
Quote from Shadowww :

I tried iRacing, but it feels like I am controlling Flinstones car

Well at least it doesn't look like one. DirectX 8 came out nine years ago.
Quote from anttt69 :Well at least it doesn't look like one. DirectX 8 came out nine years ago.

It does work much worse than LFS, and even DirectX 1337 games can look crappier than LFS.

The thing is textures, not DirectX version.

You can at least get some info before saying stupid things
Quote from Shadowww :
You can at least get some info before saying stupid things

Speak for yourself. What does 'handles like a flintstones car mean'?
You sound like a child who doesn't know how to explain himself.
Quote from anttt69 :Speak for yourself. What does 'handles like a flintstones car mean'?

It means that car doesn't feels like a car, at all.

And I told "feels", not "handles". Learn to read.

Edit: I mean this:
Quote from anttt69 :Speak for yourself. What does 'handles like a flintstones car mean'?

Car that runs on feet?
Many Foot lbs of torque!!!
Quote from Shadowww :It means that car doesn't feels like a car, at all.

Really, so what does it feel like?
Oh btw & i think you meant "feel" not "feels". Learn to write.
Not yet, but it could be. It is a great sim and a fantastic multiplayer game.
Batteryy you are right when you say that many things matter in a simulation.

But there are priorities, and in a simulation physics are the number 1.

My list of priority is:

If the game is meant to be played disconnected

1 - physics
2 - force feedback
3 - heating and wear
4 - damage
5 - graphics
6 - sounds
7 - real stuffs (cars and tracks, mainly tracks)
8 - GUI

if the game is meant to be played connected

1 - physics
2 - force feedback
3 - netcode
4 - heating and wear
5 - damage
6 - graphics
7 - sounds
8 - real stuffs (cars and tracks, mainly tracks)
9 - GUI
10 - multiplayer interaction

Considering that LFS is a multiplayer game, just the second list matters. I think LFS is doing a good job in the items 1, 2, 3, 9 and 10 missing yet the items 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 to be improved.

I think we can just compare 5 games on the market: iRacing, LFS, NKP, rF and EVO.

Comparing just items 1 and 2, using as example just formula cars, my sequence of preference is:

1 - iRacing
2 - NKP
3 - LFS
4 - Evo
5 - rF

So, IMO, LFS is not the best sim for ME. But this is just MY opinion, not the TRUE.

The true is out there

is lfs actually the best sim?
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG