The online racing simulator
sometimes game starts to have about 2FPS
hi,

i got problem with LFS - I have Radeon 9600xt,

sometimes, usually after 2-3 hours of playing game starts to suffer, about 2fps a and after 1minute it stops to render correctly - cubes instead of font, looks like as textures in resolution 8x8
after restart it is all right

in other games graphics card works correctly (3-4hour test)

i tried to set agp 4x/8x, fastwrites on/off, play with agp voltage, underclock...
i tried catalysts from 5.11 to 6.3, but problem still resists

thx 4 advices
That is definitely weird. Occasionally corrupted graphics are caused by overheating components, but as you mentioned no other game causes such behaviour. And if restarting the program fixes it... tough one. Have you tried reinstalling LFS?
Hey! I get this too! Are you saying you have to restart LFS or completely restart your PC? What graphics do you have? I have a brand spankin new PC, but only onboard graphics. The new onboard ATI Radeon Xpress 200 chip with 256 shared memory (I wouldn't think it would overheat, I don't push it that much with my gaming). What graphics drivers are you using? I can't remember, but I think I changed to a different driver when I first got my PC a couple of months ago because I had horrible framerates in 3d gaming. When I see it (and it's not often, but I never had this on the old PC) I have to reboot the entire system. It happens with MS Flight Simulator as well for me. Well, actually I've only ever seen it with LFS, but I've tried to run MSFS after this happened and couldn't at all until I rebooted the PC.
to spankmeyer - yes, I reinstalled LFS too... I noticed this problem on P, P1,P2,P3,P4 and Q versions... now i clocked my card in ATTools with low precision - default divider, and lower freqencys... from that time, I didnt noticed problem (but I wasnt driving so long, just about 1 hour)

I will let you know

to mrodgers : I have sapphire radeon 9600xt 128MB, and I used 5.11 to 6.3
This problem can be connected with chipset drivers. I dont have ATi chipset/ ATi GFX, but I know that this can happen. It seemes to me like some buffer overflows/messes up and causes large performance leak. After restart its all OK, because buffer is clean again. There might be a problem with driver that controlls AGP bus. Because a lot of texture operations are done via AGP texturing(textures are processed in RAM, not in GFX memory), it can cause a problems like this.

So, just try to update/experiment with your chipset drivers. If you can, disable AGP Texturing in dxdiag(WinKey+R>dxdiag, card Display)
thx 4 advice

i set agp aperture size to 256MB, maybe it can help too... if problem appears again, I will try to make som experiments with xipset drivers
after installing patch problem appered again
see attached files
Attached images
wtf.JPG
wtf2.JPG
omg now that weird o.O
I have an Ati 9600XT too /sapphire/ and iam using older Omega drivers. I think they are better than the original ones. Also my MB driver is very old too. Don't know why, but with newer drivers I get unstable PC, so iam staying at good ol' drivers.
I think You should try Omega Drivers . It is worth a try
that looks like driver problem, ive seen similar with badly installed drivers but the chipset drivers are a big tip here, ive had a problem myself in wich it bluescreened only playing lfs and narrowed it down to write-combining, a switch in troubleshooting options for display. lfs seems to be different to every other game ive had as they play fine with it on, so its just a case of trying to narrow down on a specific driver or maybe overheating parts, dying psu and stuff like that.
Got something like this too (but not so severe). When I start a race in multiplayer (I think single too, but don't know for sure), the arms of my driver, and the cars in front of me are LODed so hard I can barely tell the difference between the different GTR's, right after the start the arms come back, and after T1, sometimes a bit sooner) the cars become normal.
Read my post way up above (2nd or 3rd post). I get this as well, the pictures posted by eraser_svk. This is also when the 2 FPS happens. As I stated earlier, I have a brand spankin new PC, so I doubt it is from old components. I only have onboard, but the chip is ATI. I can't overclock, so, that wouldn't be the problem, and I doubt I could run the onboard hot enough for overheating to be it. It's possible to be a driver issue I guess . I played around alot with drivers because I had crap frame rate when I fired this PC up for the first time. I think I have 5.11 drivers running now. After all, it's onboard, but still an ATI chip.
Quote from eraser_svk :after installing patch problem appered again
see attached files

I once had the same problem and it was caused by the Texture LOD Adjustment in ATI Tray Tools. I wanted a high quality screenshot and raised the value up to the max and got the same problem. Putting it back to normal solved it - no noticable visible difference.

*EDIT* deleted useless part of posting...

See the attached picture. Hope I could help you.
Attached images
Unbenannt.JPG
thx for answers

to MataGyula : I was using official ATI drivers, Omega's and Xtreme, but I still have this problem...

to Barroso : I am using the latest drivers for NForce2 chipset...I have also tried older version, still same problem

to Christian Seidel :I have Texture LOD Adjustment set 0 already

to all : looks like it needs to reinstall Windows completely...if you get any ideas, post them
Quote from eraser_svk :thx for answers

to MataGyula : I was using official ATI drivers, Omega's and Xtreme, but I still have this problem...

to Barroso : I am using the latest drivers for NForce2 chipset...I have also tried older version, still same problem

to Christian Seidel :I have Texture LOD Adjustment set 0 already

to all : looks like it needs to reinstall Windows completely...if you get any ideas, post them

DX issue and overheating issue as you mentioned above that since you downclocked you graphic cards the problem disaapeard.Maybe the GPU now even cant cope with lower clock settings.

And to be honest its always better to make new system installation(using format) when you have such a problems.You cant imagine how much often this can help.
Install all latest drivers and WHQL versions not beta.

Then post if you have still the same problem.Maybe you could ask your friend to give you a different card just for 1 day.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG