The online racing simulator
SRS: Sim Racing Society (Info)
(161 posts, started )
Quote from R.Kolz :IGCT has only one safety car and only one push car and in the planned GTAL league there will be a safety car, acc. to the rules.

Anyways, Good Luck SRS.

When I said Safety Cars, I meant when there is an accident. I can't see anything in the rules about crashes causing SCs.

Thanks!
Good luck in GTAL guys.

I wish I could kick your butts in it but I'm not allowed cuz I drove an IGTC stint a while back...
Good lock to You guys

I'm glad to see this kind of dedication.

Best Regards, Kirill.D.
Good Luck with that, especially in that heap of junk
no worries we'll let you rub your noses to our buttox...

hehe, good luck!
You guys were looking pretty nippy in the XRR the other night. Good luck
Quote from evilpimp :Good luck in GTAL guys.

I wish I could kick your butts in it but I'm not allowed cuz I drove an IGTC stint a while back...

Maybe if you ask Trekker very nicely and tell him you suck he'll add an exception for you

And SRS, look forward to defeating you!
SRS co-founder and Head-To-Head creator Tim Beaudet is heading on an adventure that will change his life. He will be walking the Appalachian Trail by himself. He left for the start of his adventure on Tuesday March 17th 2009.

Tim explained in January: 'I will get myself to the starting point in Georgia, somehow, and start hiking all the way to Maine. The hike will go through the Appalachian Mountains, following a trail that is 2175miles long. This will be done on foot, with a backpack on my back. Kinda like my house. My bedroom will be a small tent that I already bought, weighing in at a monsterous 3lbs 12oz(!)'.

The 23 year old will be starting the journey alone but hopes to meet new people along the way.

'I will keep some sort of journal and take loads of pictures. Hell, I have been thinking of growing a mountain beard as I travel.'

We expect him to be gone for at least 7 months, and everyone at SRS wishes him every success in this journey and remind all budding walkers to stay safe while walking on mountainous terrain!

SRS was founded in 2008 by Tim Beaudet, Eduardo de Souza and Michael Passingham,
Visit www.simracingsociety.com for more SRS-related news and events.
Wow - Good Luck Tim!

We'll miss you

EDIT: Can you take a laptop + wireless internet so you can play LFS whilst you're gone? :P
(gonna put this on page 3 for maximum readage)

SRS co-founder and Head-To-Head creator Tim Beaudet is heading on an adventure that will change his life. He will be walking the Appalachian Trail by himself. He left for the start of his adventure on Tuesday March 17th 2009.

Tim explained in January: 'I will get myself to the starting point in Georgia, somehow, and start hiking all the way to Maine. The hike will go through the Appalachian Mountains, following a trail that is 2175miles long. This will be done on foot, with a backpack on my back. Kinda like my house. My bedroom will be a small tent that I already bought, weighing in at a monsterous 3lbs 12oz(!)'.

The 23 year old will be starting the journey alone but hopes to meet new people along the way.

'I will keep some sort of journal and take loads of pictures. Hell, I have been thinking of growing a mountain beard as I travel.'

We expect him to be gone for at least 7 months, and everyone at SRS wishes him every success in this journey and remind all budding walkers to stay safe while walking on mountainous terrain!

SRS was founded in 2008 by Tim Beaudet, Eduardo de Souza and Michael Passingham,
Quote from J@tko :

EDIT: Can you take a laptop + wireless internet so you can play LFS whilst you're gone? :P

All he has is a Pay as you go phone (pink). So no, there won't be much LFS going on for the next 7 months, at least not in reality...

Sim Racing Society is pleased to announce that we now have a brand new server up and running. Named SRS:Race Server, it will be running combinations for upcoming leagues, or just rotating through cars and tracks that we like. Previously, we were using servers loaned from Sonicrealms Racing, and we will forever be indebted to them for their kind help and support.
SRS:Race Server is powered by Airio and Storm Servers.

Good luck Tim ... that's a f*cking long trip.
Don't forget your deer perfume at home.

EDIT: And yay! for new server.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven

With our third piece of big news in one day, SRS is very happy to announce we have signed a sixth driver to our team:

SRS:CountBazley (count.bazley, James Barrington) is 21 and from Yorkshire, North East England. James has a large amount of experience in, but not limited to, Single Seater. James used to race against SRS in the Gentlefoot Formula challenge in the Formula XR. We were always impressed with him back then, and we finally managed to track him down and invite him along to our growing driver lineup. He will be racing in the GTAL, as our fifth driver. James commented on himself:

'I'm afraid I have that same sarcastic sense of humour that makes Michael so loveable to the masses!' We have no idea what he's talking about.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :(gonna put this on page 3 for maximum readage)

And to fix a certain spelling mistake, I guess.

GL, Tim and grats, James.
Congrats on the new server and new member and good luck to you Tim on your journey, I know you've been looking forward to it for quite some time so I hope it goes well .
Thanks Michael and other well-wishers! I'm very excited to be racing alongside these guys and especially so as this is my first team in LFS.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :
James used to race against SRS in the Gentlefoot Formula challenge in the Formula XR. We were always impressed with him back then,

Oh yep, you need a unique talent to spin off on Lap 2 of so many races and still finish where you qualified!
Quote from count.bazley :..................

Oh yep, you need a unique talent to spin off on Lap 2 of so many races and still finish where you qualified!

Last?
Congrats guys!
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :Did blackbird say what was motivating him to start such an extreme journey?
And how long did he prepare for this?

He's been planning since October. And has 'wanted to do it since 3rd grade'.
wow . good luck with everything

@ jack , yea stuff the tent , G25 , sony viao , and a long interent cable ( not wireless , too laggy )
but yea not something i would do personally so i wish him all the best
Gratz Michael
Congrats

and good luck Tim
Damn, that's actually pretty cool, to go on a trip like that, and if he wanted it since the 3rd great, then it's like a dream come true for him. Well, I wish him all the best in his journey.

And congrats to your team and the server etc. . I know it's kind of late, but still...all I can say, that this is a great team, with very friendly guys and very good organizers. And I know if you'll continue like this, then you'll definitely become very good racers in future.
Good luck Tim, that's a hell of an adventure!

SRS: Sim Racing Society (Info)
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG