The online racing simulator
Compleeeeeeeeeetely off-topic...
(3 posts, started )
#1 - SamH
(Leading in from outside, in the Beemer section)..

Quote from skiingman :That and the lowercase tag names (which was technically wrong but I've been doing forever anyways) are the two big changes to make HTML an XML compliant language, correct?

That's my understanding, yep.

I have to be perfectly honest, and admit that I'm not entirely happy with the current mood which seem to be to deprecate older HTML. I have long arguments with the other guys in our team (I'm ASP, they're PHP; I'm IIS, they're Apache; I'm IE, they're Mozilla; I'm Windows2003, they're some crap called Linus or something ) and one of the things we scrap about is this trend in HTML.

I don't mind advancing, but to my mind the WWW is 99.9% historical archive. A browser must be able to deliver old stock as well as new-fangled. I get the impression that there is a plan, somewhere deep within the W3C, to assert some kind of requirement to comply with particular NEW HTML/XHTML standards.. but worse, at some point to regard anything NON-compliant as unimportant. This seems to me to flow against the spirit of the environment.. this vast archive that makes up the Web.

I know a lot of others here also are heavily involved in the web.. where do you land?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#2 - SamH
I agree 100% with everything you say. XML is definitely the future. I'm concerned about the sense I'm getting (which I may be misunderstanding) where Mozilla seems to be less and less concerned with supporting legacy content. I hear more and more "it's not CSS2.. it's not/won't be specifically supported" kinds of statements. Am I getting the wrong messages?
#3 - JTbo
I do prefer simpliest way to achieve goal, if that xml is more complicated to have just simple page done, then I don't think it should be used, for some other tasks it may be very well suitable.

It is like this Microsoft CRM, it may well be good for some things, but opensource alternative I got installed and configured in same time as it took to install CRM, which decided not to work, it required several installations to get it to work and still it missed some features that open source alternative had. But it all comes to what it is good at and how easily you get job done, it does not matter how fancy new things there is, that is for geeks only

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG