The online racing simulator
SRS: Sim Racing Society (Info)
(161 posts, started )
Hahah.. aw... ok, you won.
Good luck.
Official Announcement

We are happy to welcome two new drivers to our team; our first recruits to our formerly 3 member team:

SRS:Mackie (Mackie the Staggie, Scott MacDonald, mentioned above) impressed with his racing attitude and great sense of humour, and he joined the team in early-January. He is from Northern Scotland and will run the number 45. An interesting fact about him is that he plays for an American Football team. We didn't even know the UK had American football teams!

SRS:Taylor (TAYLOR-MANIA, Craig Taylor) was invited to the team after we noticed him driving well in a few servers. He further impressed us in our team's new internal leage, SRS: Dreamer's Challenge, putting in some quick laps at 6 combos chosen by us. Basically, he showed us all up and we had no choice but to let him in! Craig is from Southern England and will race with the number 24.
We wish them both the best of luck and that they have a great time racing with us!

SRS was founded by Tim Beaudet, Eduardo de Souza and Michael Passingham,
Visit www.simracingsociety.com for more SRS-related news and events.
good pick astra, quick drivers...
i Wish you all good luck
Oh congrats Mackie and especially Craig

Hope to race you in the servers soon
good luck, and grats to all the 3 of you
Oooooold news.

But grats.

-
(Mp3 Astra) DELETED by Mp3 Astra : pwned
Old news, but welcome guys.
Quote from de Souza :Old news, but welcome guys.

Taylor isn't old news, and Mackie wasn't announced in an outlandish fashion so I though I'd kill two birds with one stone.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :
SRS:Mackie An interesting fact about him is that he plays for an American HandEgg team. We didn't even know the UK had American HandEgg teams!

Fixed that for you

Nice signings, good luck with the team guys!!
Quote from traxxion :Fixed that for you

Nice signings, good luck with the team guys!!

*adds traxxion to the hit list*

Have to say well done to you, not everyone makes my hit list, but you can be happy in the knowledge that you join a very special band of indviduals.

Your name now sits aside the likes of Jason Stratham, Hugh Jackman, My boss, All of the Caley Thistle players who haven't switched over to the County and the evil witch that broke my heart 2 years ago.
#38 - CSF
You would actually want any of the Caley squad?
Quote from CSF :You would actually want any of the Caley squad?

Barrowman and Cowie (although he has escaped the hit list by joining Watford)....the rest will be punished for joining the dark side.
Gratz and good luck with SRS from RSR
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Cheers all! I'm glad to be part of the team
I've had invitations from numerous teams (thanks anyway to those again) & I turned those invitations down for one reason or another, but when asked to join SRS i didn't really have to think twice.
I'm certain that it's the right team for me & i could tell immediately that it's got a good vibe about it...
Looking forward to being part of the team as it grows in talents & achievements (let's hope!), and I hope i can do my new teammates proud

You almost made me cry!
I don't wanna let de Souza's secret out, but he likes to cry over such fuzzy, touching statements :P

We are happy to announce that SimRacingSociety has completed its complete set of skins. With outstanding effort from a man who doesn't even play LFS, John Floyd, we have our familiar cyan, black and white colour scheme on every car in LFS. John worked hard for more than 4 months to get all of these skins finished and I hope you'll all agree that it's been worth the wait. Craig Taylor completed the challenge with the final and toughest skin, the BF1: so thanks to Craig for doing that and keeping it within the SRS theme.

You can download 2048x2048 skins here. Thanks again to John Floyd for his effort in hosting all of these files.

See you all on track!

SRS was founded by Tim Beaudet, Eduardo de Souza and Michael Passingham,
Attached images
fo8.jpg
xrg.jpg
Nice.
Nice, very very nice skins ! I like the contrast and elements in the sides.

Good luck guys
Loved the XRR, now I need to figure out how to drive it!
Nice skins and good luck.
Good that you have liked the skins, I am happy with that =)

Sim Racing Society are pleased to announce are latest commitment. We will be entering the GT Amateur League (GTAL); a new league set up for those teams who do not yet have the experience to enter one of the bigger endurance events such as Masters of Endurance (MoE) and the International GT Championship (IGTC). So where does GTAL fit in amongst the other endurance leagues?

MoE features races that all last at least 6 hours, right up to their prestigious 24 hour race. MoE runs GT1 and GT2 specification GTR cars, battling it out in 4 separate qualifying sessions and then trying to give each other space on the same race track.

IGTC
runs shorter races of 4 and 8 hours with GT1 specification GTR cars, with the inclusion of safety cars and pushcars that help drivers in need of assistance.

GTAL
is a combination of the two: It runs one specification of GTR cars; the slower GT2 cars. The races are very short; 3 hours and 6 hours. There will be no pushcars or safety cars so the drivers are under immense pressure not to hit the kerbs to hard and to not crash into each other. They know that if it goes wrong, it will most certainly be race over for them.

SRS will be entering the series with what is regarded as the trickiest GTR car. It is the XRR with a 25% air intake restriction. The car has a number of unique handling traits and a high centre of gravity, which makes it very easy to roll over. We decided to drive this car because it would allow us to learn more about one of the least driven cars in LFS. We also feel it would be nice to beat at least some of the faster FZRs, and show that there's still life in the XRR.

So, who is going to be driving?
Michael Passingham (SRS:Passo, Mp3 Astra) is taking the role of Team Manager and will organise the team to his best ability. He will also be doing extensive testing and setup-making. Michael said, commenting on the team's aims: 'Our aim is to beat Sonicrealms. We share the same Ventrilo server, so gloating will be very easy if we're able to beat them in our XRR.''

Eduardo de Souza (SRS:de Souza, de Souza) is the second in command and will be doing extensive testing. He has a great skill in creating car setups and has a very good sense of touc; he knows exactly what needs to be done to the car to make it handle in the correct way. Eduardo was very clear in his opinion: 'I like the FZR GT2, it's fun to drive, fast and fairly easy. But everybody drives it, and that's boring. I want something different, some variety. If we can come up with a decent XRR setup (or even FXR) that makes the car enjoyable while not being as slow as a turtle, I'm all for it. Would be very nice to beat some FZRs.'

Craig Taylor (SRS:Taylor, TAYLOR-MANIA) will be one of the race drivers, and we hope to use his excellent speed and analysis skills to help us reach the top 10 positions. Craig commented: "I'd say that the FZR is overused and a bit large in dimension. FXR i think is the slowest and dullest, so yeah, helllooo XRR... looks good, bit of a strange balance/handling but nothing some practice won't overcome.'

Scott MacDonald (SRS:Mackie, Mackie The Staggie) is another driver and, like Taylor, we will be using him to race as well as get the car in tip-top setup condition so we can take full advantage of the XRR's few strong points. He is reported to have said: 'The XRR is a car I don't think I've ever really used, so it should be fun.''

Tim Beaudet (SRS:Blackbird, blackbird04217) will be the team's strategist; making sure our pitstops come at the right time and working out the most efficient way to race. As a programmer, his logic should help us greatly!

The test race is coming up soon, so we hope to see you there for some action-packed racing!

SRS was founded in 2008 by Tim Beaudet, Eduardo de Souza and Michael Passingham,
Quote from Mp3 Astra :
IGTC runs shorter races of 4 and 8 hours with GT1 specification GTR cars, with the inclusion of safety cars and pushcars that help drivers in need of assistance.

GTAL is a combination of the two: It runs one specification of GTR cars; the slower GT2 cars. The races are very short; 3 hours and 6 hours. There will be no pushcars or safety cars.

IGCT has only one safety car and only one push car and in the planned GTAL league there will be a safety car, acc. to the rules.

Anyways, Good Luck SRS.

SRS: Sim Racing Society (Info)
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG