The online racing simulator
Modified G25 racing wheel...by ARC_Team
Here to ARC_Team our work never get stop !
After the several requests from some drivers (who train themselves with us) to have more realistic and strong force feedback , we decide to carry on a new project and develop a new kind of force suitable for the Logitech G25 one, with inner electronic revision.

We are proud to present you some pictures about our product that works already very well with our simulator F1Driving and some GP2 drivers tested it (Davide Valsecchi , Marco Bonanomi) with good results. Also David Greco (http://www.project500miles.com/members.php) is testing our modified G25. David is an expert and famous virtual driver who has this career: ASRWC 2006 World Champion, Formula SimRacing World Championship 2007 Runner Up. Won an Italian Championship ( rFO ) in 2008 which allowed him to win a F3 test-drive. Finalist of the 2008 V-WTCC. Winner of the rFactorCentral Panoz event in 2009. We think to have a good background of opinion that help us to achieve the best result possible! For any kind of information visit our website!!!

Ah cool - a fan on the wheel.
I hear that's the next new thing. Well done.
#3 - scipy
Quote from xaotik :ah cool - a fan on the wheel.

)))))))
That's cool! And it servers a practical purpose, it (presumably) helps cool the wheel as it does get quite hot during "intensive use" (Cue Schoolboy giggles :razz
Looks nice..

What kind of modifications are there inside the plastic? Have the motors been changed? How strong is the FF now? Am I asking too many questions?
I wonder too, because the pics only tell me two things: you put an ordinary casing fan on top of the G25 and added an old school switch to a very inconvenient position. I imagine that switch being flipped quite often when racing and trying to shift with the paddles.
Quote from xaotik :Ah cool - a fan on the wheel.

Thanks but it's not just a fan on the wheel (it would be too easy, wouldn't it? )
In order to get the FFB improved we modified some important things such as voltage supply and the electronic components inside.

The fan is required due to the more heating of the electric motors, as you can see in the pics there's a new power supply with a higher voltage.
Quote from Not Sure :Looks nice..

What kind of modifications are there inside the plastic? Have the motors been changed? How strong is the FF now? Am I asking too many questions?

We haven't changed the motors, the motors can withstand a higher voltage 'cause they're designed for a more higher value than we apply (original characteristics from the manufacturer).

Of course, due to the higher voltage the consumption got increased and more heat is produced. To preserve the motors against any damage we had to put a fan on to keep'em cool and safe.

The force feedback got increased about 60% more.

Another mod is the electronics inside, some parts have been changed and others added in order to make the wheel work.
#9 - AMB
Looks like a beast, when do I pick it up?
Quote from ColeusRattus :I wonder too, because the pics only tell me two things: you put an ordinary casing fan on top of the G25 and added an old school switch to a very inconvenient position. I imagine that switch being flipped quite often when racing and trying to shift with the paddles.

About the lever switch you're perfectly right , what you see in the pics is just a prototype and we already moved the switch in a more convenient position in order to avoid the trouble that you've just mentioned.

Anyway, the switch is for getting the power to the motors and fan on and off (but not the usb supply and communication), it was required to limit the unwanted fan noise while in off sessions.
Quote from AMB :Looks like a beast, when do I pick it up?

Your post is quite funny but you're right, our mod turned the G25 (now G25-E) in a gymnic machine for hands and arms.

It got us surprised too!
#12 - AMB
Well I didn't mean it like that, I mean when do YOU send it to ME for FREE?
Quote from AMB :Well I didn't mean it like that, I mean when do YOU send it to ME for FREE?

Sorry, no way for that so far but we are looking for beta-testers.
Would you wanna be one of those?
#14 - AMB
I could be yes I wouldn't mind trying it and comparing it against my current wheel which is a G25 get in touch if you want to discuss it further
Quote from S14 DRIFT :That's cool! And it servers a practical purpose, it (presumably) helps cool the wheel as it does get quite hot during "intensive use" (Cue Schoolboy giggles :razz

That's right, the heating got increased after our mod (we'd expected that, obviously) thus we put a fan over the motors and got the inner back vent opened to let flow the air out (the gridded ones).
#16 - AMB
And soon I have some endurance races in Germany so it could be a good test to see how it stacks up against my normal G25

Have a lot of league races on at the moment too
Quote from AMB :I could be yes I wouldn't mind trying it and comparing it against my current wheel which is a G25 get in touch if you want to discuss it further

We got only 3 modded G25 and 1 GT Force under beta-testing.
Our company works for both the simracing and motorsport world so we take quite seriously proposing new items that don't exist anywhere else in the world at the moment.
Actually we don't take in charge the testing outside Italy just because the whole expenses would charge the final cost of the item.
The wheel mod does take about 330 minutes of hand work, electronics mods executed directly by ourselves and the addition of a new power supply with a higher voltage.
Since our goal is to sell the mod at a competitive cost, we gotta take care of every expense.
you could cut the fins from the front of the G25 to let some air in and out.
Let me explain a little better, looking from the back of the G25 its shaped like a car with some grills on the left and right Air is not going into the G25 because its blocked off. So I cut the plastic behind the grill to get some passive cooling. looking at the G25 you couldnt even tell its been modded. I think its a good mod for everyone to do their G25 to avoid the dreaded overhead problem (happened to me :-( )
Quote from OmniMoAK :you could cut the fins from the front of the G25 to let some air in and out.
Let me explain a little better, looking from the back of the G25 its shaped like a car with some grills on the left and right Air is not going into the G25 because its blocked off. So I cut the plastic behind the grill to get some passive cooling. looking at the G25 you couldnt even tell its been modded. I think its a good mod for everyone to do their G25 to avoid the dreaded overhead problem (happened to me :-( )

You perfectly got the point , and made the right solution (we already did, I dunno why the designers closed up the vents. Ok they're not totally closed, there's a narrow passage but for long game sessions the overheat does occour).
We opened the inner vents too removing the inner fins, looking out you can see the grilled vents like as before seeming no mod has been done (except for the electric fan...) and while the fan spins you can feel the more air is coming out and during a hard driving session the air gets warm, that means the fan is placed in a good position.
Quote from arc team :Here to ARC_Team our work never get stop !
After the several requests from some drivers (who train themselves with us) to have more realistic and strong force feedback , we decide to carry on a new project and develop a new kind of force suitable for the Logitech G25 one, with inner electronic revision.

We are proud to present you some pictures about our product that works already very well with our simulator F1Driving and some GP2 drivers tested it (Davide Valsecchi , Marco Bonanomi) with good results. Also David Greco (http://www.project500miles.com/members.php) is testing our modified G25. David is an expert and famous virtual driver who has this career: ASRWC 2006 World Champion, Formula SimRacing World Championship 2007 Runner Up. Won an Italian Championship ( rFO ) in 2008 which allowed him to win a F3 test-drive. Finalist of the 2008 V-WTCC. Winner of the rFactorCentral Panoz event in 2009. We think to have a good background of opinion that help us to achieve the best result possible! For any kind of information visit our website!!!

No offense, but the fan totally ruins the wheel. Fan should be placed under the wheel. And there is no airflow too as i watch on the pictures. Fan should be at bottom of the wheel with little spacing thing (few knobs under wheel) and there should be a flow-out hole on the top of it - maybe there where the fan actually is atm.
Quote from hazaky :No offense, but the fan totally ruins the wheel. Fan should be placed under the wheel. And there is no airflow too as i watch on the pictures. Fan should be at bottom of the wheel with little spacing thing (few knobs under wheel) and there should be a flow-out hole on the top of it - maybe there where the fan actually is atm.

Sorry, but a fan under the wheel would not make any sense as there would be next to no airflow, because the table would obstruct it.
#22 - Byku
Guys, You said that ff is stronger, but is it faster? Btw. Nice idea about upgrading G25 , keep up the good work.
Quote from hazaky :No offense, but the fan totally ruins the wheel. Fan should be placed under the wheel. And there is no airflow too as i watch on the pictures. Fan should be at bottom of the wheel with little spacing thing (few knobs under wheel) and there should be a flow-out hole on the top of it - maybe there where the fan actually is atm.

Quote from ColeusRattus :Sorry, but a fan under the wheel would not make any sense as there would be next to no airflow, because the table would obstruct it.

Both of you are right, the fan on the top ain't esthetically good, we are trying with smaller and thinner fans AND YES, we did open the front vents to let the air flow, exactly in the front of the housing on the two grilled opening, inside they are almost totally closed by two fins that we got cutted off, this trick is essential for the correct air flow.
Putting the fan on the bottom is phisically impossible, inside the housing on the bottom there is part of the mechanical structure which makes the wheel rotating, forthermore as ColeusRattus said, the table would obstruct the air flow at the beginning. Would you make a hole on your table? I think no!
Quote from Byku :Guys, You said that ff is stronger, but is it faster? Btw. Nice idea about upgrading G25 , keep up the good work.

Good question Byku, YES, it is faster 'cause the higher voltage on the motors make their rotation faster (and more immediate).
Glad to see someone is modding G25, but not just cosmetic mod!

What interestes me the most is this.
Overall force strenght is increased - but IMO what G25 lacks the most is more dynamics in FF output - like dynamics in music.
Take netKar pro for example plus some winged car. If you put ff gain low, you feel difference between small forces i.e. when going straight, or when going through corner much slower then the car is capable (small tire load) - but when you push it (still in slow corner) - force increases - you feel tire is carrying much more load now. but problem comes in fast corners - force should now be much stronger - the load is much greater on tire because of added aero downforce... but it's not - because FF is already at it's maximum.
This is what intersets me. Not just plain strenght increase, rather does it imply more dynamics with it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG