The online racing simulator
whats with the servers?
(67 posts, started )
BTCC was probably the best server I have ever raced on.
Where did it go??

I was never any good on there really as i only really do the bangers, so i only know how to turn right and get round a small oval,and even then, im not that fast really! i used to get in the way and cause accidents because i didnt really know what i was doing with racing lines and braking distances if i'm honest, but i do miss it.

I take it it isnt online anymore then??
wow dident expect this much feedback lol. i would race on ctra 2 if i could get the liscence but since i am not verry good with the cars in ctra 1 and hate the city tracks they always have it on i dont think i'll be getting on ctra 2 anythime soon. i like tbo class because its the most fun class and im actually good at it. i practice with the tbo's the most because they are the most fun to drive. something has gone wrong with the lfs comuity and now its a drift/cruise/demo haven. i think racing servers should be dominant in this RACING simulator. i would like to know what the devs think about the lack of racing servers in the racing simulator they created.
i have a tbo class server up right now for you guys not sure how good it will be and can only host 15 people without exceeding my upload limit but it has low ping and is running its called: TBO Race Server. have fun and enjoy
Quote from DAG00BER :i would like to know what the devs think about the lack of racing servers in the racing simulator they created.

There is definately no lack of racing servers. Just change your filter to show empty hosts.
Quote from zeugnimod :There is definately no lack of racing servers. Just change your filter to show empty hosts.

And that would help him find racers?
Since XRT was put out from demo, it's impossible to find server with even one XRT racer on it. I get occasionally to classic BL1/XRT and I am always alone, and even if someone comes, he takes other car (possibly the least challenging and the fastest one). I think XRT needs to go back to demo. Demo players at least appreciated it and used it also for racing.
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Demo players at least appreciated it and used it also for racing.

In fact, racers were the bulk of the vocal minority who has complained the most, and is still doing it now, about XRT dropping out from the demo.

Today bold and courageous racers are still sticking to patch X in a daring act of disobedience against the System, and to let the Evil Devs know they're not going to buy LFS until the XRT goes back in the demo!

The moment the XRT gets added back to demo, will be precisely the same instant when ranks of cheapass drift0rz, I'm sorry for the interference, disobedient racers will buy their licenses. Never.
Ah that old story again. Empty TBO, LX4/6 and FOX/FO8 servers...
Seems like everybody today is either drifting, doing their 5000th lap on Aston National in the GTR's or doing ovals with FO8 or BF1. Hard to find a good server with good old' racing cars and racers
by servers i meant populated servers lol. how about us racers get some racing servers going? i'll be looking for a racing server and be on for a bit tonite.
Long gone are the days of being able to find decent random racing on public servers.

Anywho, wait another 6 months + and the VW might be released. Then you'll be able to find a million populated VW servers for about a month or two.
i'll bite.

i'm setting up a TBO-mini class server soon, with 50% intake restriction across all three cars. that should give TBO some love... and with ctra down and out (maybe forever), it might be a nice change compared to the UF-bR

maybe i'll run weekly or monthly endurances too... while i either continue to work on (or shelve) the gtr-mini stuff.

i still gotta work out all the lapper kinks, so it might be a few days (cough)or weeks(cough)
Why would you want to restrict the TBO class to match XFG and XRG? Drive them as nature intended
Redline Racing currently running a TBO server

Feel free to drop buy , always happy to help out with sets ect
Quote from SkyNet :Why would you want to restrict the TBO class to match XFG and XRG? Drive them as nature intended

turbo lag, added weight, choice of three drivetrains, option of abs... i think they are pretty fun to drive...
Quote from DoC_uk :Redline Racing currently running a TBO server

Feel free to drop buy , always happy to help out with sets ect

I'm requesting unban.
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm requesting unban.

Feel free , had quite a few requests for unbans over last couple of weeks
each 1 will be looked into

Though I feel maybe you aren't serious Zeug

Offer stands tho
#43 - VoiD
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm requesting unban.

Requesting unban for a ridiculous 3-lapper:woohoo:..?! ..don´t be silly :nol2:
#44 - AMB
Quote from VoiD :Requesting unban for a ridiculous 3-lapper:woohoo:..?! ..don´t be silly :nol2:

But it's a crowded TBO server, you don't get that often. And doc was right anyway, I wasn't serious.

Anyway, we have set one of our servers up with a track rotation and XFG+XRG. The track changes every 5 races and the races are 10-15 minutes long. Can't tell you the exact tracks now but I will when I got the list. Feel free to join. The server is [SR] Race Server 2.
Team 400 #1 we run lx4-6 and RAC,FZ5 .Im american so im usually on at nite in the states on the weekend also it seems alot of people wanna races these cars but when im in the server only a couple people join. RAcers are welcome anytime we do alot of tracks its on FE green right now(lx4).

400 J.Richardson
Quote from AMB :+1, but we know that is NEVER going to happen.

its never gonna happen to you, but to anyone else who makes a reasonable request.

regarding the "ridiculous 3-lapper": we change it to suit the majority.
if there are enough racers that can make the tires last longer you can have as many as you want.
Interestingly enough I was tempted for the 1st time a few nights ago to join the RR TBO server!

Thank goodness I was refused entry

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Interestingly enough I was tempted for the 1st time a few nights ago to join the RR TBO server!

Thank goodness I was refused entry

SD.

now why would that be?
because you are on the lifetime ban list ?
Thank goodness the lapper works.
#50 - AMB
Quote from patrese :its never gonna happen to you

I understand completely your highness.

whats with the servers?
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG