The online racing simulator
Test Race Pre-Race discussion
discuss and post your times here
Times! Jesus.. that means practice... , I think most of mine will come from the race itself, i've 4 events before this
Lawl, doing freaky 2.22, need to make it 2 seconds faster
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Quote from D.Zanetti :2.22 im praying thats a typo

ATM im doing 2.42s consistently, thats with race setup and race fuel. Im sure i can find more pace than that.

Give us a shout if your up for some practice Stoney, or anyone else for that matter, its a lonely big track

He is FO8 mate dont worry !
So what exactly happens when there is an accident with respect to safety car deployment? I mean, with a 6 lap race, having a SF car for even a single lap is pretty weird, no?

As to the times, I need to find 2-3 sec somewhere. Mid 2:44s in race trim ATM when I don't spin What wing and tyre settings is everyone running?

EDIT: just realized my pedals are "fluttering." For example, on the straight the throttle doesn't always stay 100% when I press it completely, and after braking, the brake sometimes doesn't release completely either. This sucks...royally!
One would hope no safety car... imo, it just doesnt work in lfs.
Please no safety car. It doesnt work like the way in real life.
We will take this into consideration .. We may just auto spectate people if they refuse to move and they are a threat ? What is your opinions?
Quote from niels1 :Please no safety car. It doesnt work like the way in real life.

Thats what we're gonna discuss tonight, but even if it does stay as a rule, we will implement no people called Vinny are allowed drive
Is there a qualifying session, and if so, how long is it? F08 and FOX at the same time, or one class at a time (that's how it's usually done in multiclass racing, afaik)? Would be nice to have the event format with starting times, breaks, end of race procedure, etc.
Quote from Speedy Pro :Is there a qualifying session, and if so, how long is it? F08 and FOX at the same time, or one class at a time (that's how it's usually done in multiclass racing, afaik)? Would be nice to have the event format with starting times, breaks, end of race procedure, etc.

Yeah the qually will be split into classes, so you will get a break. After race 1 we may have around a 5 - 10 minute break for us admins to decide if there will be points deduction somebody put to back of grid etc. so you will have a little break..
Well, Tom and I (iCON Oldfarts - FOX) practiced a little last night. To be honest, it was about 4 laps for me! I did two laps of 2:42.7 and then two laps of 2:41.6.

I'll post the setup I used later on. I don't believe in keeping 'team sets' personally as I don't think it helps anyone. The best drivers will drive brilliantly no matter what setup they're using, and by 'keeping' the set private, all that does is make you look selfish and elitist. Which IMO harms the sport of sim-racing.

Anyway, uneeded rant over!

Am at work at the moment, I'll post the setup tonight

Cheers

Joe
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Well, Tom and I (iCON Oldfarts - FOX) practiced a little last night. To be honest, it was about 4 laps for me! I did two laps of 2:42.7 and then two laps of 2:41.6.

I'll post the setup I used later on. I don't believe in keeping 'team sets' personally as I don't think it helps anyone. The best drivers will drive brilliantly no matter what setup they're using, and by 'keeping' the set private, all that does is make you look selfish and elitist. Which IMO harms the sport of sim-racing.

Anyway, uneeded rant over!

Am at work at the moment, I'll post the setup tonight

Cheers

Joe

Nice to see good sportsman
time table GMT

6:30- Free practice (15 mins)

6:40- All drivers should be on server,

6:45-FP over, 5 minute break

6:50- Race Briefing, and things will be explained, and questions answered.

7:00- Qualifying both classes, 15 minutes,

7:20- Start of the 20 minute sprint race, (we've decided that it'll be done on time, becuase then the FOX guys dont finish earlier, due to the FO8's being done first.(finishing order determines grid)

7:45- Feature Race starts, 35 minutes.

8:15- Event over, everyone goes to bed
Try ask all your questions before the event however, as we will be explaining most of the 10 minutes, so any questions you need to ask dont just leave it until then just post here , or pm one of us.

Thanks
Andy
Thanks for the timetable, im not used to racing in such early events, but will make as much of it as I can.

Quote from pacesetter :7:20- Start of the 20 minute sprint race, (we've decided that it'll be done on time, becuase then the FOX guys dont finish earlier, due to the FO8's being done first.(finishing order determines grid)

Firstly, are you aware that the shortest "timed" race LFS can currently do is 1 hour.. So, to do 20 minutes, you would have to make that a laps race rather than time, unless you decide the race at the 20 minute point. Then you have the decision to make as to how you signal, and end the race.

i.e. 20 minutes +1 additional lap, or just 20 minutes then the lap the leader is on becomes the last lap, which is less fair to anyone in postions 2nd down.

Secondly, can you please explain this "FOX guys dont finish earlier, due to FO8's being done first." Im afraid I really dont see the logic in that..

How will the fox guys finish earlier, they will be behind, as in lapped by the FO8's.

Rather than planning your race lengths etc around one group of drivers FO8 OR FOX, plan for the distance or length that YOU want. Unless drivers really suck, it will be an FO8 which takes the win, thus completing the highest number of laps.

Just some thoughts guys.
Hi all!

As promised, I thought I'd share my set. I'm not the fastest guy out there but I'm OK in single seaters for a human being (i.e. not alien)

Have fun!

Cheers

Joe
Attached files
FOX_Joe_K_IMA.set - 132 B - 841 views
Quote from mkinnov8 :Thanks for the timetable, im not used to racing in such early events, but will make as much of it as I can.

Firstly, are you aware that the shortest "timed" race LFS can currently do is 1 hour.. So, to do 20 minutes, you would have to make that a laps race rather than time, unless you decide the race at the 20 minute point. Then you have the decision to make as to how you signal, and end the race.

i.e. 20 minutes +1 additional lap, or just 20 minutes then the lap the leader is on becomes the last lap, which is less fair to anyone in postions 2nd down.

Secondly, can you please explain this "FOX guys dont finish earlier, due to FO8's being done first." Im afraid I really dont see the logic in that..

How will the fox guys finish earlier, they will be behind, as in lapped by the FO8's.

Rather than planning your race lengths etc around one group of drivers FO8 OR FOX, plan for the distance or length that YOU want. Unless drivers really suck, it will be an FO8 which takes the win, thus completing the highest number of laps.

Just some thoughts guys.

Ok, taken note of what you've said, and what i meant by "FOX guys finish earlier,................" was that if we do a lets say, 9 lap race, it wont be 9 laps for any FOX driver, so by tonight, i'd like to have a meeting with all drivers concerned by this, as this issue will need to be resolved. So add me on msn, pacesetter.lfs (at) hotmail.com and we will discuss this, as will other series organisers. Please do, as the deadline will be midnight tonight, because it'll be unfair to drastically alter the race length as drivers have developed setups for the race, and we dont want to be that undecisive, as it'll result in messy races, and also in loss of drivers as the result of it. i think we should do 20 minutes plus one lap, or maybe even add 2 seconds onto the lap record of the FO8 and find what should be the total race time and maybe add on 8 seconds to whatever is the nearest we can get for the race (the 8 secs is for the standing start) ? Please get back to me asap guys, as i need to know what you think.

James
No 20 mins+ 1 lap like i said from the start
Ok, we've come to a decision that we'll notify the drivers when they'res 5 minutes to go, and then notify when theyre into the last minute of racing, this way, you ALL get 20 minutes, and it will be the fairest way of balancing both series' track time.
Quote from pacesetter :Thats what we're gonna discuss tonight, but even if it does stay as a rule, we will implement no people called Vinny are allowed drive

rofl.

Hey where is that server ?
wanna drive a bit of SS
Quote from pacesetter :Ok, we've come to a decision that we'll notify the drivers when they'res 5 minutes to go, and then notify when theyre into the last minute of racing, this way, you ALL get 20 minutes, and it will be the fairest way of balancing both series' track time.

That is a bad idea. Just time the Fo8's laps for 20 minutes, add 1 and you will have what you should do. No need to make it complex like that.
Quote from niels1 :rofl.

Hey where is that server ?
wanna drive a bit of SS

ERT|Experion Racing Team is the server

Quote from racer hero :That is a bad idea. Just time the Fo8's laps for 20 minutes, add 1 and you will have what you should do. No need to make it complex like that.

Well I see what you mean, and i'm becoming so undecisive about it, what times are the FO8s going to be doing though? Because I dont think the WR will be set tomorrow and i dont think that the guys will be getting too close depending on how much practice they've done, and from what i've heard, not too much . So maybe we decide the amount of laps after qualifying that total the closest thing to 20 minutes? Please post your views
Quote from pacesetter :ERT|Experion Racing Team is the server

Well I see what you mean, and i'm becoming so undecisive about it, what times are the FO8s going to be doing though? Because I dont think the WR will be set tomorrow and i dont think that the guys will be getting too close depending on how much practice they've done, and from what i've heard, not too much . So maybe we decide the amount of laps after qualifying that total the closest thing to 20 minutes? Please post your views

Do +1 second of the pole time, divided into 20 and then you will have your race laps. Then announce the amount of laps as early as possible in a rcm.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG