The online racing simulator
Quote from wien :Is this specific to the test patch, or does it happen in Z as well? If it's an old bug, you should report it in the Bugs - Program section instead, not here.

LFS S2 Patch 0.5Z10

No need to say for me about rules. I have read them ALL, and I respect the rules...or at least try to

Thanks for offer nayway heh but I think this is it in here
i dodnt buy a wheel cuase im not a major lfs fan, im fine with a pad and wheels caost too much uness i use them for consoles too
Quote from chavm481 :i dodnt buy a wheel cuase im not a major lfs fan, im fine with a pad and wheels caost too much uness i use them for consoles too

Sure.

We are all happy to know that chavm481

However, maybe shall I suggest you to read the section you are posting in, becauseI have pain to see links between your post and the theme of the thread!

Concerning the probable bugs, I have noticed a slight FPS drop some times after starting playing with the patch.
On Z, I could get around 60fps on every track, and it was the same for Z10 at the beginning. Nevertheless some days ago, I can't reach any FPS level higher than 40. My Z install still have the 60 FPS (so I think it might not be because of my graphiccard), and I don't remember installing any textures, nor modyfing the options, do people experienced similar issues ?
Quote from Zen321 :Sure.

We are all happy to know that chavm481

However, maybe shall I suggest you to read the section you are posting in, becauseI have pain to see links between your post and the theme of the thread!

Concerning the probable bugs, I have noticed a slight FPS drop some times after starting playing with the patch.
On Z, I could get around 60fps on every track, and it was the same for Z10 at the beginning. Nevertheless some days ago, I can't reach any FPS level higher than 40. My Z install still have the 60 FPS (so I think it might not be because of my graphiccard), and I don't remember installing any textures, nor modyfing the options, do people experienced similar issues ?

I have the same to strange becaus graphicwise the game hassent changed Im just wondering why becuas in most pileups(CTRA rac1) I stil had arond 50-60 fps not somethimes that a little above 30
when month back al was fine

Scawen do you have possible explanation for this?
The only thing I use is modded Rb4 interrior al cars and al graphic things are stock as far as I know.

So zen you not the only one with weird uissues.

So Scawen Or Victor if anything has changed graphic wise would you guys like to tell us
Quote from Scawen :
Changes in TEST PATCH Z3 :

Updated wheels on Formula BMW
Implemented ABS brakes in XFG / XRG / RB4 / FXO / XRT / FZ5
Improved wheel drawing system including rotating brake discs
Improved shadows - sharper and ambient shadow effect now included
InSim : New packets to start / search replays and take screenshots
FIX : Player name was wrong in entry screen on entry or after replay
FIX : Added checks to prevent guests joining with no user name or ID
FIX : OOS starting race after joining autocross host in entry screen

Maybe you should read what changes there is in the test patches before testing them.
I don't think that would make him loose 20fps...
Maybe there is an option you forgot to tune, like, maybe, putting the sky color to 16bits?
And Chrisuu01 have you put the shadow type down to low res or even turn them off if your PC isn't up to the new enhancements. Goodluck.
Quote from 1Colin1 :Maybe you should read what changes there is in the test patches before testing them.

That was z3 in the m3ean time ABS had beighn removed from XFG

And tna ks for info guys il try that out the 16 bit skies and maybe shaddow option and se how that goes
But what about that? ... I cant set my color bit thing more than 24bit. Ive had this with all versions of LFS. I can play other games with good settings and stuff but LFS wont me put more than 24bit
Why do you feel like you need more than 24bit precision in your Z-buffer? Having lots of trouble with Z-fighting somehow?
I also get seetrough holes in the left front tyre of the UF1000
Attached images
weird.jpg
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I also get seetrough holes in the left front tyre of the UF1000

it's not only on the UF1, if you look closely you can see those holes in all cars (or almost all cars)
2Chrisuu: Copy patch Z's cfg.txt to patch Z10 folder.
Been trying Z10 this evening on line. I disabled shadows because I didn't like the new look (low rez) and I prefer higher FPS. Vsync off, no FPS limit, same as with Z.

I get weird slow downs. Can't pinpoint it. It looks a bit as if vsync is on, even though it isn't, and also, I hear HD swapping/access much more than usual (usual is practically none in LFS Z, all other apps are closed, as usual). At least few times it got down to crawling (1-5 FPS) and it seems to me that it's either due to excessive CPU or HD usage or swap.

Overall.. something is making Z10 not smooth as Z is.

[edit]
My system:
Athlon XP 2500+, 1G RAM, 7600GS 512M (latest drivers), Win XP SP3, 1920x1200 and I get with Z 30-100 FPS, pretty smoothly.
I never drop below 19 with Z10 I've had no problems so far.
Quote from Scawen :
LX4 number plate goes through spare tyre

Scawen, I think there is only texture bug, nohting else.

I got off it that number plate goes trough spare tyre. I don't know how I did it but I did it yesterday. When I come back on my PC I will tell how is this possible.

LX4 / Fern Bay Gold (Bright Day)
Number Plate: XCellent

Because the LX4 spare tyre is same as RB4 GT muffler, so they cannot get hit at all. Those parts are called "solid physics".

Don't worry Scawen. I think that this LX4 error has only in textures between number plate and "solid physic".
Quote from avih :Been trying Z10 this evening on line. I disabled shadows because I didn't like the new look (low rez) and I prefer higher FPS. Vsync off, no FPS limit, same as with Z.

I get weird slow downs. Can't pinpoint it. It looks a bit as if vsync is on, even though it isn't, and also, I hear HD swapping/access much more than usual (usual is practically none in LFS Z, all other apps are closed, as usual). At least few times it got down to crawling (1-5 FPS) and it seems to me that it's either due to excessive CPU or HD usage or swap.

Overall.. something is making Z10 not smooth as Z is.

[edit]
My system:
Athlon XP 2500+, 1G RAM, 7600GS 512M (latest drivers), Win XP SP3, 1920x1200 and I get with Z 30-100 FPS, pretty smoothly.

I have the same problem, some sort of mysterious slow downs
try running at a reasonable resolution, not the highest your monitor can handle, might bring the framerates up.
Quote from senn :try running at a reasonable resolution, not the highest your monitor can handle, might bring the framerates up.

It's not a resolution issue, at least it wasn't on Z. I did change rez occasionally but I've been running Z on this max rez for a very long while to have a solid reference. Don't troll.
not trolling, making a suggestion. If i started getting poor framerates, i would be trying every damn option i could find before i posted here, to see if i could find what was causing it (and report it, if i could find the issue)

Also, just because something wasn't an issue before at max res, doesn't mean it will continue to be so, especially when changes are being made to the way the game uses the gfx cards.

Sorry to be an ****, but the last few posts in here have made me want to reach into my monitor and grab the people who posted by the scruff of the neck. Talking about problems with the cars hitting objects and going sky high? oh really? is that a new bug?

Keep it relevant. *end rant*
Quote from senn :not trolling, making a suggestion. If i started getting poor framerates, i would be trying every damn option i could find before i posted here, to see if i could find what was causing it (and report it, if i could find the issue)

Also, just because something wasn't an issue before at max res, doesn't mean it will continue to be so, especially when changes are being made to the way the game uses the gfx cards.

Sorry to be an ****, but the last few posts in here have made me want to reach into my monitor and grab the people who posted by the scruff of the neck. Talking about problems with the cars hitting objects and going sky high? oh really? is that a new bug?

It's not a "normal" FPS drop which lower rez might cure (and doesn't, as I've mentioned). It's not just generally lower FPS but rather sort of "hiccups" in smoothness. The closest, even if to a lesser degree, symptom that I can think of is of vsync on with a slow PC (as mine is). It's more than that though, like framedrops, or "hangs" or bad time sync with players/server or well.. hiccups.. and it's accompanied with hard disc usage noise that wasn't there on Z (maybe mem leak that triggers more swap?). If I could give a better description, I would. Sometimes, describing symptoms can help the devs even if the description is not absolutely specific. I'm sure that if Scawen needs more details or thinks the description wasn't good enough, he could say so himself. Also, this kind of symptom wasn't described on any earlier post on this thread so I think It does fit here.
yes its not about the fps. I have the Z version of LFS ant it works very smoothly. Maybe there is some unwanted changes done or something in the latest test patches.
Quote from senn :not trolling, making a suggestion. If i started getting poor framerates, i would be trying every damn option i could find before i posted here, to see if i could find what was causing it (and report it, if i could find the issue)

I've the same problem... but I'm not sure it's because of the new test patches. (I only get framedrops on some places, like Blackwood split 2, Aston GP just before split 2, and maybe some other places.. can't remember them atm)

For me it helps to use 8X AAF instead of 16X AAF, I don't notice any lose on quality. (with 8X I get framedrops to -+20, and with 16X I get min 100FPS or so...) Tbh, I haven't tested this to much because I'm pretty busy atm. (will do it next week) But for now it helps to lower the AAF. (massive boost)
Tested LFS latest patch with WINDOWS 7 BETA 64bit.

And everything works well, ABS works, force feedback works.
Screen resolution 1280x1024, 20 Computer CARS in front in Blackwood GP first corner ~30 FPS.

My Computer:
AMD athlon 64 X2 4400+ proccesor
2 GB RAM
GeForce 8600 GTS
Logitech G25
I found the problem of my PC crashing.
It was a faulty mouse O.o
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG