The online racing simulator
rev limiter
(198 posts, started )
irollgen4s
i have this on my computer, i can upload for you. but what are the files o upload? i havent got any rar, only file named lfsrevlimiter. i think theres something else i should upload too but i dont know what the files are
edit: i this works for me http://manta.univ.gda.pl/%7Etsulkows/lfs_revlimiter/ not sure why nor for u
yea that above link doesnt work for me. the 2 files i need from there wont download.. My email is

Irollgen4s@yahoo.com

Thanks
It wont open using adobe reader.. or by itself it makes me choose a program to help open it.
Quote from irollgen4s :It wont open using adobe reader.. or by itself it makes me choose a program to help open it.

ok, ill post it here than
Lfs Rev Limiter v0.9
====================

What you need
=============
.Net framework 2.0 at least

Intall guide
============
1) LFS
- Open your cfg.txt file located in main LiveForSpeed folder
- Somwhere at the bottom you will find:
(...)
OutGauge Mode ?
OutGauge Delay ?
OutGauge IP ?.?.?.?
OutGauge Port ?
OutGauge ID ?
(...)
Where ? stands for a number
- Change it to:
OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 5
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 11222
OutGauge ID 2
*Note that "Outgage Delay" has some impact on program response - experiment with it (values between 1 - 50 or more)

2)Files
- Copy "LfsRevLimiter.exe" and "LFS_External.dll" anywhere on your disk, but DO NOT SEPARATE THOSE FILES. LfsRevLimiter.exe uses LFS_External.dll to catch outgage packets and it must be in the same dir.
- Also, check if the folder doesn't have "read only".

3)Start up lfs, then lfs revlimiter.

4)Change the trackbars value at the bottom of program to suit you - its the delay in ms between each "I" key press_and_depress cycle.
note: it's a tricky part, first set it quite high (around 50) and test if it works good in lfs, then lower it a bit and test again - do it until you find lowest value where lfs_revlimiter doesnt get out of sync with lfs. Perfect value depends on computer.

settings will be stored in "settings.xml" file so you don't have to set them again on another program start.

NOTES
=====
- Program works best if rev limiter is set quite high - close to real rev limiter.

BUGS
====
- lfsrevlimiter going out of sync with cars engine state
Problem is that there is no possibility to read if the cars engine is on or off. Assuming that its "on" while program starts, every time "I" is pressed, it changes engines ignition. Problem is that when key is pressed for shorter time then 17ms (at least on my computer) it sometimes isnt recognised by lfs, so it goes out of sync while emulating oldschool revlimiter - pressing "I" manually puts it back in sync again for short time.
Workaround? I could read if user is pressing gas pedal and asume that if revs are dropping that it has gone out of sync... but what if your in the middle of climbing a hill etc.

- nullpointer exception caused by lfs_external library... didn't have time to properly debug it, but turning lfs and lfsrevlimiter off and on again does the job
I have started to experience the engine stalling problem now but blah, doesnt bother me so much Just start it up again and keep going
Also gives abit or realism to it
no i see the instructions fine. it wont let me download his two programs needed/ the revlimiter app and the one before it. i have the instructions and already modified my cfg.txt. it just wont let me download the 2 otehr programs. i also have network 2.0

EDIT*** nevermind guys it works great. THANKS SO MUCH. the revlimiter is the one disapointment i really had with the game. thanks again.
Is this available with demo?
does it work with z10? cauz i got it today, got it aall runin, but no change in game?
it works
Damn that limiter is soo awsome ! Very great job!
LFS Rev Limiter - Settings File (settings.xml)
I've uploaded my settings file so that it is almost plug and play!

Read the "Install.txt" file in the zip files. (Which says about adjusting the "delay" for your computer.)

Settings File Only:
Settings.zip (722 Bytes)

LFS Rev Limiter v0.9 with Settings:
LFS Rev Limiter v0.9 with Settings.zip (31.5 KB)

Enjoy!

Edit:
Or you can just add these settings to the "settings.xml" file yourself

- <lfsrevlimiter delay="18" ignitionkey="I">
<FXR>7400</FXR>
<BF1>99000</BF1>
<XRT>7350</XRT>
<FZR>8380</FZR>
<XRR>7400</XRR>
<RAC>6850</RAC>
<FO8>9300</FO8>
<FOX>7400</FOX>
<UF1>6800</UF1>
<XFG>7800</XFG>
<FBM>9050</FBM>
<XRG>6800</XRG>
<LX4>8850</LX4>
<LX6>8850</LX6>
<RB4>7350</RB4>
<FXO>7350</FXO>
<FZ5>7850</FZ5>
<UFR>8850</UFR>
<XFR>7850</XFR>
<MRT>12500</MRT>
</lfsrevlimiter>

Attached files
LFS Rev Limiter v0.9 with Settings.zip - 31.5 KB - 50964 views
Settings.zip - 722 B - 8969 views
Quote from Danny LFS ::google:

EDIT: LOL! Big mistake by me here, sorry.

REPLY REQUESTING DELETION

You can delete the post by yourself.
I have just downloaded, and it is (as much as i hate to swear) ****ing excellent!!

After some giggery pokery with the delay, i have got it so the engine only cuts out totally if i rev the ass off it for over 30 seconds, which is well above sensible times that you should be on the limiter anyway.

Car: XRT
Rev Limit: 7400rpm
Delay: 32

And i am using that excellent ford v6 sound that gills made for me, you can't beat the sound of a howling 2.8!

Here is a link to my vid, as the forum file size limit is, lets face it, fairly piss poor to be fair.

Anyway, the vid!

http://www.snapdrive.net/files ... ns/RevLimiter%20Video.wmv
I've been using it for a while and it hardly ever cuts off, 7400rpm 18dly I love it it!
sorry have a problem dont know how to get it going?
Quote from deiwisxxx :sorry have a problem dont know how to get it going?

It's easier if you download it so it is mostly configured...

Remember to read the "Install.txt" in the zip files

Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :I've uploaded my settings file so that it is almost plug and play!

Read the "Install.txt" file in the zip files. (Which says about adjusting the "delay" for your computer.)

Settings File Only:
Settings.zip (722 Bytes)

LFS Rev Limiter v0.9 with Settings:
LFS Rev Limiter v0.9 with Settings.zip (31.5 KB)

Enjoy!

Edit:
Or you can just add these settings to the "settings.xml" file yourself

- <lfsrevlimiter delay="18" ignitionkey="I">
<FXR>7400</FXR>
<BF1>99000</BF1>
<XRT>7350</XRT>
<FZR>8380</FZR>
<XRR>7400</XRR>
<RAC>6850</RAC>
<FO8>9300</FO8>
<FOX>7400</FOX>
<UF1>6800</UF1>
<XFG>7800</XFG>
<FBM>9050</FBM>
<XRG>6800</XRG>
<LX4>8850</LX4>
<LX6>8850</LX6>
<RB4>7350</RB4>
<FXO>7350</FXO>
<FZ5>7850</FZ5>
<UFR>8850</UFR>
<XFR>7850</XFR>
<MRT>12500</MRT>
</lfsrevlimiter>

Its Awsome, Will there be anymore updates for it because i cant wait
Well I consider project as finished since it works well.
I could optimize it to get less out of sync situations, but that would only fix 10% of it at most.

So the question is what could it do more? (considering revs only)
faster bounces!!! XD

no .. it is pretty much perfect.....
Quote from Tommy :Well I consider project as finished since it works well.
I could optimize it to get less out of sync situations, but that would only fix 10% of it at most.

So the question is what could it do more? (considering revs only)

how about the ability to set a two-stage rev limiter, for example, hit a hotkey to limit your revs to 4k to build boost or w/e, then hit hotkey again to set it back to the normal limiter.

doable?
a sort of launch control
Quote from G!NhO :a sort of launch control

It actually is, helps in the starts

rev limiter
(198 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG