The online racing simulator
Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
Virtual LFS Dashboard

The Virtual Dashboard for Life for Speed!

Works with OutGauge, can be setup to a secondary monitor.
Or use it over Lan on a second PC!

Works best in 800x600 screen resolution.

Enjoy!!!

== Version 0.2.1 ==

==> Watch on Youtube <==

Update in v0.2.1
* Possible to select Ledbar style (led,Triangle,Blocks) and direction, and single ledbar!

Update in v0.2.0
* It is now possible to create you're own favorite color scheme!!!!
Most color of the objects such as Text/Gauges/Led Bars and background can be manualy be adjusted, at your Taste!!!

Update in v0.1.9
* Gauges have a more profi look now, also adjusted some max speeds..(please let me know if a Max limit is to low)
* Button that will maximize and remove borders (only in 800x600 resolution) so it will fill the screen..
* RPM ledbar added at top of the screen, that will act from Half of Max rpm.. (maybe this could be better, please let me know)
* More Help text added..
* Ticks fixed in Turbo Gauge.

Latest version:

VLFSDash is written with Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Enterprise.

>>> VLFSDash version 0.2.2 SOURCE <<<

VLFSDash version 0.2.1 UPDATED!!!

Older versions:
VLFSDash version 0.2.0
VLFSDash version 0.1.9
VLFSDash version 0.1.8
VLFSDash version 0.1.7
VLFSDash version 0.1.6
VLFSDash version 0.1.5

Please let me know if you like it

Have fun!
Bjorn - [iRT] Eraz

=== USER PICTURES ===

Would you like to see your pic here!?
PLEASE UPLOAD HERE

loved it
id like to see that IN THE CAR ^^
idea: make the needle go over the trip counter?
Quote from anbiddulph :idea: make the needle go over the trip counter?

Yes, i am fixing this at the moment
Can I run this on second computer, through LAN?
Quote from silverfox1973 :Can I run this on second computer, through LAN?

Yes you can!

Just type in CFG.TXT the destination IP for OutGauge..
And set port..
Dont forget to open up the UDP port in Windows Firewall!
Thank you for a quick answer!
nice
Hi all!

New update!

Fixed where:

* Complete reorganized view!
* Better view of shift and signal lights!
* Needle over trip counter fixed

Componet 'SYSINFO.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:
a file is missing or invaild

I get that error upon starting it. It worked fine on the last start-up. But I have already uninstalled it three times and it says ^that^ everytime. Any help?
Quote from Erazotropa :Hi all!

New update!

Fixed where:

* Complete reorganized view!
* Better view of shift and signal lights!
* Needle over trip counter fixed

Download here: VLFSDash v0.1.6

Hi, your dashboard looks very nice! Any chance for additional MOTEC layout and some config window?
Quote from yankee-eight :Componet 'SYSINFO.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:
a file is missing or invaild

I get that error upon starting it. It worked fine on the last start-up. But I have already uninstalled it three times and it says ^that^ everytime. Any help?

Fixed

Please re-download..
Thank you!

Working quite good, but I suggest to display the fuel in digits too. So you better can see hoe much you have in your car...

Well and if you manage to size it to fullscreen... awsome!

EDIT:

Perhaps you also are able to add some timing and position informations - actual position, actual ranking, laps to go, split times, best lap, gap to front and back etc...
Thank's!!!
Looks nice, reminds me of all the features we don't yet have, such as engine temperature.
Amazing work Erazo , keep up the good work mate , awsome

Edit : works super duper good , no errors
Hi all,

Thanks for the nice comments
Realy appreciated

I am also looking for people who want to participate with this project..

There are lot of things that have to be done, like Fullscreen function and Autoresizing etc...
But still due the lack of knowledge i am not able to get this working on my own.

If you like to participate, please contact me!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Looks nice, reminds me of all the features we don't yet have, such as engine temperature.

Yes i would realy see to have that data too,

In car cockpit this already works, but why not with outgauge i dont know..

Quote from Crady :
Perhaps you also are able to add some timing and position informations - actual position, actual ranking, laps to go, split times, best lap, gap to front and back etc...

Affortunaly this is not possible, since the OutGauge packet is not containing such data.
I would love to help , unfortunatelly i have no clue how to work with progs like yours or any outgauge progs , but maybe we can get a couple of guys to change ideas and work on the project as well
Quote :Affortunaly this is not possible, since the OutGauge packet is not containing such data.

Ah, got it! Outgauge does not provide the same informations as Insim...

But additional indicators for pitlimiter, traction control and flags are possible. So perhaps it would be possible to to add 4 more indicators in your panel: A light for the pitlimiter, a light for the traction control, a light for a yellow flag and one for a blue flag...

Well in this case I would suggest creating a kind of server collecting insim data and then send them to you beautiful gauge...

Ok, much easier said as programmed... I did a few very little programs in Python with the help of Dark Times - and I believe that I am not able to help you with that

But displaying the fuel in digits - or numbers would be really great!
Quote from Crady :Ah, got it! Outgauge does not provide the same informations as Insim...

But additional indicators for pitlimiter, traction control and flags are possible. So perhaps it would be possible to to add 4 more indicators in your panel: A light for the pitlimiter, a light for the traction control, a light for a yellow flag and one for a blue flag...

But displaying the fuel in digits - or numbers would be really great!

These indicators will be added this weekend.

And Fuel digits are already implemented take a closer look...
Thats a nice tool . Here are a few suggestion regarding top speeds.

You can reach much higher speeds then the maximum of the gauges are set to. For example:

Track KY1

GTR Class: 312 - 315 kph maximum under drafting.

FO8: Is already set to 350 kph but thats not reachable with this car afaik. Usual speeds with 3-5 cars is around 320 - 330 kph (340 kph are possible if youre really lucky).

BF1: Maximum speed in hotlap mode is 353 kph already, afaik . 400 kph is (hardly) reachable with 4- 5 cars drafting.

Not sure about the remaining cars but my guess is that another 10-30 kph more could be added.
Quote :And Fuel digits are already implemented take a closer look...

?? I have version 0.1.6...

have you upgraded it?

The fuel is shown analogue here... I mean, "12.6%" fuel... Instead of an arrow - so you know if you can finish the race or not... you cannot see if you have 2% or only 1,5%...
Quote from 510N3D :Thats a nice tool . Here are a few suggestion regarding top speeds.

You can reach much higher speeds then the maximum of the gauges are set to. For example:

Track KY1

GTR Class: 312 - 315 kph maximum under drafting.

FO8: Is already set to 350 kph but thats not reachable with this car afaik. Usual speeds with 3-5 cars is around 320 - 330 kph (340 kph are possible if youre really lucky).

BF1: Maximum speed in hotlap mode is 353 kph already, afaik . 400 kph is (hardly) reachable with 4- 5 cars drafting.

Not sure about the remaining cars but my guess is that another 10-30 kph more could be added.

Ok tnx

I will set 300 to 350 and 350 to 400 in the next update
Quote from Crady :?? I have version 0.1.6...

have you upgraded it?

The fuel is shown analogue here... I mean, "12.6%" fuel... Instead of an arrow - so you know if you can finish the race or not... you cannot see if you have 2% or only 1,5%...

Owww sorry yes i see, please re-download. i forgot to change revision number..

Sorry!!
This thread is closed

Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG