The online racing simulator
New Track: Fern Bay Blue
(74 posts, started )
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Yeah Joseph is right, they're enough Fern Bay configs already... but i've always wanted to drive this particular part -

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=73291&d=1229607294

I love the look of this bit. I tried to drive it by setting a start position there, but the floor and scenery disappeared unless i used above chase camera view. I would gladly pay money for this superb little oval to become available. Its an oval racers dream!

This part being available would definitely make all us - -Lfs Bangers- - members happy. It is already a hot topic on our server forum!

EDIT: as a visual guide to what a real banger oval looks like, this is a shot of arena essex, in west thurrock, essex, uk. The fern bay oval is as close as anyone could ever hope for!

It would not only be good for bangers, it would be a stunning turn in LFS. But blocking the bit that goes through the U-turn will be a problem.

EDIT: I like the idea of Fern Bay being re-worked but I don't want to see the width and length of track changed.
Quote from danthebangerboy :
EDIT: as a visual guide to what a real banger oval looks like, this is a shot of arena essex, in west thurrock, essex, uk. The fern bay oval is as close as anyone could ever hope for!

....except it's on a hill-side. I quite like the idea of a mini-oval like the one in your picture, but I think they could do a bit better than the Fern Bay hairpin section, which would make a good addition to some of those configs but nothing more than that.
+100 from me!
I would like to see that bend put to use, it seems abit silly to have it and not have a course that uses it However the devs kinda have dug themselves into a hole with the track names they gave the other one so it might not be possible just because of that...uhm. Well anyway i say either delete it or use it don't leave it laying around to agitate people
I like it,because it is a mix of fast and slow combinations.

+1.
I have done a little bit of testing. This time i just started at the original start line and drove to the oval. I can get nearly half way along the straights before i get teleported back to the main circuit.

This means that in theory, it maybe wouldn't be such a major task to add section of about 100 metres long x 30 metres wide onto the end of the existing ground coverage so that this entire oval is driveable.

As i am awful at explaining stuff, i have added a picture to illustrate how far i can physically drive before i teleport back on track. The white line i added shows the position as exactly as i can possibly estimate from previous attempts, as driving at 1mph and going 6 inches too far was annoying.

I so love this part and i cant believe i had never noticed this little gem of an area before, and i believe that it could add to the current leagues and formulas within lfs that are based on the real thing.

You could have brisca formula 2 stock cars (lx4) brisca formula 1 stock cars (lx6) National hotrods, (xfr) Ministox (uf1) plus many more i have probably missed out. Im so excited about the chance, however remote, that this could become a reality!
Attached images
Fern bay oval.jpg
this is what i wish was in lfs, would be amazing a blind corner, and from the speed would be kinda like a chicane would have to maybe brake into it i think depending on what car, and could open up some interesting things, would be cool with a high concreete wall 1 side and a cliff on the other..
and allso its at the top of the hill, so you would be going over the top of the hill mid corner too, would be quite spectacular

heres a quick picture demonstration:

tell me what ya think
Attached images
fe.jpg
Dan for your banger series, i think what would be better is a short oval, that could suit racing and bangers.

Eg. Martinsville and Bristol.
i say, for a new track, how about a 6 mile straight. that way, you can see how truely fast your car goes. if that was in LFS, and if i could use it, i would get my XRT setup from version X, rename it, and see it's real top speed. on the BLW GP Reverse on version X, i only got it to 134 mph (223.333... kph) before i needed to hit the brakes.
Quote from NightShift :Sure, why not?

We could also have an ePenis meter booth fitted in the Drag Strip, what you think?

ok enough with the sarcasim. i was thinking of a new track for you guys, and I heard a six mile straight many times over.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :ok enough with the sarcasim. i was thinking of a new track for you guys, and I heard a six mile straight many times over.

I for one, like this idea, as i want to find the absolute top speed i can get from all cars, whilst experimenting with gear ratios. I haven't yet found anywhere long and straight enough to do this, so +1
Quote from danthebangerboy :I for one, like this idea, as i want to find the absolute top speed i can get from all cars, whilst experimenting with gear ratios. I haven't yet found anywhere long and straight enough to do this, so +1

hey thanks! glad it would be a great idea for you licensed users
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :i was thinking of a new track for you guys

Thank you so much! I'm sure nobody else ever had the idea, much less posted it on LFSforum
Quote from danthebangerboy :I for one, like this idea, as i want to find the absolute top speed i can get from all cars, whilst experimenting with gear ratios. I haven't yet found anywhere long and straight enough to do this, so +1

Just get your car upside down and accelarate.
#67 - Byku
Yeah..... but wind resistance doesn't count there , and many many other things . 6 mile straight would be nice, and that small oval would be awesome. Ehh... hope Scavier will at leastdo something about this oval .
Looks good, i think this could be a seperate oval for us OVAL ADDICTS ( Bangers? ) or add it into another track !

thanks daz
Mega Bump TuT TuT!!
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
Just look at it! All it needs is some banking/camber on the bend at the top & it'd be the greatest piece of tarmac we have in LFS. I mean it's there all ready to use, open it up already!

But on the suggestion at hand, i wouldn't mind it at all
Another 2/3 variations wouldn't hurt nobody. The elevation change in split #3 coupled with the awesome U-Bend leading to split #1 would surely make it one of my favourite tracks.

-1 for the new configuration
+1 for access to this bend
imo Westhill needs a new layout to go with teh international circuit.
Quote from Dazmyster :Looks good, i think this could be a seperate oval for us OVAL ADDICTS ( Bangers? ) or add it into another track !

thanks daz

+1 for the oval as a seperate entity. Shouldn't take too much work and there'd be no need to add barriers all the way round, just check out some of the smaller ovals in the US.
Quote from Nick Brad :+1 for the oval as a seperate entity. Shouldn't take too much work and there'd be no need to add barriers all the way round, just check out some of the smaller ovals in the US.

Right, nice bumb
#74 - PoVo
Quote from AndRand :-1 for the new configuration
+1 for access to this bend

That cancels out, and means your comment is useless

Basic maths

0-1 = -1
-1+1 = 0

New Track: Fern Bay Blue
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG