The online racing simulator
LFS encountered an error
(16 posts, started )
LFS encountered an error
hey guys wondering if any1 can help me, i just downlaodded lfs onto my bro pc, (wich is def up to spec tp run it)
when i click the exe file i get -
LFS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

with the windows send error or not thingy, the report is as follows -

AppName: lfs.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: dinput8.dll
ModVer: 5.3.2600.5512 Offset: 00016324

theres also a large error report that seems to be just random numbers, any1 had this or no about it... have tried re installing, and re downloading and restarting pc, and downloading drivers

cheers
What sort of controller were you using at the time?
none
just a keybored and mouse plugged in at the time
Well re-install your keyboard and mouse drivers.
Any funky peripherals plugged in? "dinput8.dll" is the fault module, which would suggest it was some faulty controller causing it. Try rebooting your PC in safe mode with just mouse and keyboard plugged in (obviously speakers and monitor too ), then run LFS and see does it crash. If it does, it's probably a dodgy driver or controller crashing
ok
ok manadged to get it started in safe mode, ( after re installing all drivers )

new error has appeared thus -

could not detect any suitable screen modes
(then in the error box)
probable error in graphics driver

although its a good graph card and its drivers are brand new...

any1 ? :jedi:
Most likely because you booted up in Safe-Mode. It doesn't use drivers, which is why it normally runs in 640x480.
Still, you shouldn't get errors booting into safe mode. The whole purpose of safe mode is to boot only necessary drivers, and if it isn't booting your graphics drivers that's a problem
#9 - CSU1
...when you say the card and drivers are new are you sure you have everything up to date?

Vista or XP?
What card is it?
Can you play other games without problems?

@Dougie, i'm not 100% sure but i think safemode loads the VGA drivers and not the normal ones, i ran into a similar problem with an ATI card, LFS.exe could not start unless the correct gfx card driver was installed...
I saw under his name Online at: [CD]Conedodgers 1
So it seems it kinda runs anyway.
cone dogers
i can use it finbe on my pc mate, its my brothers pc im trying to set it up on!

um its on - xp
yes it runs other games no problem ( world of warcraft )
the cars a 6800gt.

hes gonna geta new pc we have come to the conclusion that his pc is just crap.... lol

thanks for all ur help tho guys, see yall at CD soon
i was able to run lfs just fine with a FX5200 (128mb)
safe mode only uses generic driver does it not? so the graphics driver in safe mode would not be able to run lfs. (a NV8800GT without a driver in vista is shown as a 8mb graphics card)
It happens to me too.

My system is
AMD Phenom 9850
4GB DDR2 800 Ram
PNY Geforce 9600gt
try to redownload lfs and try again.
tryed that
tryed re installing and re downloading already
Mine did the screen modes error thing. This is what i did to make it work for me (presuming you are running xp)...

Click on the start menu.
Click on Run....
Type 'dxdiag' without the ' marks
Click on the display tab at the top.
Click the Test DirectDraw button, follow all instructions.
Then click the Test Direct3D button, follow all instructions.

Once all tests are complete, go into your lfs main folder and delete the cfg and card_cfg text files.

Restart PC, load up lfs, should work like a dream!

LFS encountered an error
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG