The online racing simulator
Open CTRA R1 to S2 tracks?
Not sure if this has been suggested before, but how about adding some of the (not necessarily longer) S2 tracks, such as KY Nat, a couple of Aston tracks, etc etc, would make a good, and in my opinion, welcome change.

All of the tracks on the CTRA 1 combo are S1, for, I'm assuming, the S1 licenced racers. But I'm not sure that the number of S1 racers warrants locking the S2 users out of the extra tracks. (maybe wrong idk.)

But personally, knowing all the tracks used on CTRA 1 inside out backwards side up means it's time for a bit of a mix up.

Or even open up a server for Silver+ licenced users, which is the XFG/XRG class on S2's longer tracks such as Ky GP long.

Pleeease don't hit me. :hide:

Edit : Sorry to have two posts in one, but what's up with the report system? I have one report from the 30th of NOVEMBER and one from the 23rd of December, which are both still pending, and AFAIK both of the drivers (who should both be banned imo, for their poor standard of driving) are still active on the CTRA system. #21543 (30th Nov) and #22164 (23rd December)
+100

I might drive on the server more then since FE and SO are my least favourite environments.

I also don't think that the number of S1 drivers racing on the server is very high. And IIRC, this was introduced back when the server didn't automatically became a S1 server when it had only S1 content so it would still be part-time S1 now.
I hope that made any sense.
I agree with having a silver+ licence server with the STD (STD, S14?) cars. You could put the S2 tracks in that one.. or at least more S2 tracks.
I've never tried the STD cars on the non-S1 tracks, mostly due to CTRA, so opening it up - either on race 1 or 2 would be interesting to try out, because after a while bouncing off barriers or going round Fern Bay does get boring (obviously not boring enough for you :tilt

On your reporting issue, http://www.raceauthority.com/stats.asp says there's 317 active reports, including appeals, so I think you'll be waiting a while for them to be seen to - a few days ago there was 20 odd less reports filed so I assume it has something to do with more noobs on UFBR being reported.
I might not be the fastets CTRA race driver out ther but im having that same isseu

so I say +100.000.000.000.000
We had XFG on AS7 on the dMr server two weeks ago and it was a great combo. The 1hr race was one of the best I've had.

I agree that FE/SO tracks on CTRA Race 1 have become a bit stale. Blackwood is in the rotation as well, supposedly, but I only very very seldom see it actually running
#7 - Gil07
Agreed, since I suggested this ages ago

But now that the server will automagically allow S1ers to connect when the server is running S1 tracks, I don't see why this can't be done
Agreed; the fact that we can't race XFG and XRG at AS Cadet Rev and AS North is a shame. Those are amazing combos.
#9 - SamH
I'm going to look at the current S1/S2 situation to see if it's reasonable/feasible to move Race 1 into a S2 config. I'll make a decision in the next couple of days.
Bring back bl1r too, I know there are the problems with yellows..but could you not just exclude them for that track?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Edit : Sorry to have two posts in one, but what's up with the report system? I have one report from the 30th of NOVEMBER and one from the 23rd of December, which are both still pending, and AFAIK both of the drivers (who should both be banned imo, for their poor standard of driving) are still active on the CTRA system. #21543 (30th Nov) and #22164 (23rd December)

Think yourself lucky...

My one from the 23rd of OCTOBER (!!) is still under review

Btw, how can it take like 3 months to review an incident? Surely it'd make more sense to review one incident, go to the next etc. ?
Quote from JO53PHS :Think yourself lucky...

My one from the 23rd of OCTOBER (!!) is still under review

Btw, how can it take like 3 months to review an incident? Surely it'd make more sense to review one incident, go to the next etc. ?

Because there's no-one available atm to review them?
Then why not allow the more trusted and active users who have clean driving records and are well known in the CTRA community the option of being reviewers. If they ban someone, and it's appealed, then one of the current team works exclusively on it, being a sort of "higher authority".
Quote from J@tko :Because there's no-one available atm to review them?

Well there was when x admin clicked to change the status to under review
Sounds pretty good.
Even if we get only few of this s2 tracks.. That would help alot.
That would bring myself back to ctra1
Few tracks what i would want to see:
KR national, FB black, Sc Long, As cadet and club
Yeah, maybe if it's done, I'll bother to play LFS again.
#17 - SamH
Okay, I've discussed the Race 1 S1 situation and it's going to have to stay S1 for now. Sorry if that disappoints anyone but here is the reasoning:
  1. We made a commitment to support S1 users while ever there were a significant number of them, and there still are.
  2. The VWS will be an S1 car and an influx of new S1 licences is likely.
  3. Since we will be making the VWS a CTRA Bronze+, we need to provide a route to that car.
To counter this, however, and since the Race 2 usage has again fallen to nothing, I will be opening Race 2 to the XFG/XRG as a multiclass car environment. It will remain Silver+ access only and expectations on driving standards will be strictly enforced Silver+, but it will have the full compliment of S2 tracks.
Quote from SamH :To counter this, however, and since the Race 2 usage has again fallen to nothing, I will be opening Race 2 to the XFG/XRG as a multiclass car environment. It will remain Silver+ access only and expectations on driving standards will be strictly enforced Silver+, but it will have the full compliment of S2 tracks.

Great news!

Not wanting to sound impatient, but will that happen today/tomorrow/next week or what?
either this year, or the next year
Quote from SamH :[*]The VWS will be an S1 car and an influx of new S1 licences is likely.
[*]Since we will be making the VWS a CTRA Bronze+, we need to provide a route to that car.

Does that mean the VWS server will only have S1 tracks?

Quote from SamH :To counter this, however, and since the Race 2 usage has again fallen to nothing, I will be opening Race 2 to the XFG/XRG as a multiclass car environment. It will remain Silver+ access only and expectations on driving standards will be strictly enforced Silver+, but it will have the full compliment of S2 tracks.

That sounds very good, though.
+1000 * 2009
yeah!, i'll have a brake of F'n'F R3, if its going to happen.
Unlock R1!!
Happy New Year

Thanks Sam
#24 - SamH
Quote from zeugnimod :Does that mean the VWS server will only have S1 tracks?

I'm going to be opening two VWS servers at first. One S1, one S2. The 2nd may only last a few days or weeks, depending on usage.

I am expecting a lot of interest in the car initially, though, most likely at the expense of other cars (and CTRA servers) and since we're oriented to delivering a combination of what we want and what racers want, it seems wise to anticipate two groups of racers with two different approaches to LFS, but with a common interest in a single car.
Quote from SamH :Okay, I've discussed the Race 1 S1 situation and it's going to have to stay S1 for now. Sorry if that disappoints anyone but here is the reasoning:
  1. We made a commitment to support S1 users while ever there were a significant number of them, and there still are.
  2. The VWS will be an S1 car and an influx of new S1 licences is likely.
  3. Since we will be making the VWS a CTRA Bronze+, we need to provide a route to that car.
To counter this, however, and since the Race 2 usage has again fallen to nothing, I will be opening Race 2 to the XFG/XRG as a multiclass car environment. It will remain Silver+ access only and expectations on driving standards will be strictly enforced Silver+, but it will have the full compliment of S2 tracks.

Now all we need are people to come to Race 2. Brill stuff

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG