The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition 26th Week "Ice Racing"

This weeks theme is... "Ice Racing"

Rules: (made by ATC Quicksilver these will not be changed)

No single seaters, OTT bodywork and snow tyres are highly recommended, cars must be driving on snow or ice.

Some example links...

http://www.prostfan.com/hk/pictures/03-toyotaa.jpg

http://www.ranlayracing.com/080113%2015%20Racing.jpg

http://www.saabhistory.com/blog/wp-c.../32_gsized.jpg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BDrjP94bJIY

Cars: All, except single seaters
Track: Any

As usual, a preview pic of no bigger than 400px on one edge, a link to the high res version and please write 'Final Entry' if it is so. Once you have posted your final entry, any edited posts will be removed from the competition. Please suggest a theme for next week, incase you are the competition winner

Any entries with preview pictures bigger than 400px on any one side will not be accepted.

Once you have entered, please send me a PM with the theme you would like for next week, to be used incase you win

All entrants to post between Monday 22nd December and 23:59 GMT on Friday 26th December.

No renders or old images to be used. Use only your own work.

Thanks and good luck to all.
Stuff like this brings back the memories of Rallisport Challenge...:lovies3d:

Lets see if I can manage to do anything this week.
Am i allowed to copy the car onto another picture?referring to ice track picture,or am i supposed to edit lfs track?
#4 - !RAM!
"Track: Any"
Does that mean i can pick a track with ice on it from real life and put a car on there. or does any mean only lfs tracks? :*(
#5 - !RAM!
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Am i allowed to copy the car onto another picture?referring to ice track picture,or am i supposed to edit lfs track?

I suppose you can do either, because ATC Quicksilver didn't say which he wanted us to do
#7 - Danas
FINAL ENTRY

1st one is the preview, 2nd the normal pic.
Attached images
XFGice_preview.jpg
XFGice_normal.jpg
#8 - !RAM!
Quote from Danas :FINAL ENTRY

That is awesome (full stop)
Quote from Danas :FINAL ENTRY

Can see a lot of errors on that one, like the old body of the car is showing near the windows. Nice work, though.
Well, everyone else seems to have copy and pasted cars, so here's a pure LFS screenie with no copy and pasteed images
Attached images
lfs_Week26_HiRes.jpg
lfs_Week26_LowRes.jpg
Quote from brandons48 :Well, everyone else seems to have copy and pasted cars, so here's a pure LFS screenie with no copy and pasteed images

Slicks on snow? Are you crazy?
actually, if you can control the throttle, it's actually alright driving the FXR on snow/ice/gravel etc.
either that, or you use the slickmod

But! in real life, you'd be screwed!
Quote from brandons48 :Well, everyone else seems to have copy and pasted cars, so here's a pure LFS screenie with no copy and pasteed images

Lol, snowmod... that could get my vote if it was slightly better quality.
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Can see a lot of errors on that one, like the old body of the car is showing near the windows. Nice work, though.

I left it there on purpose, it kind of looks like a roll cage.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Lol, snowmod... that could get my vote if it was slightly better quality.

the snow i added? or the texture on the snowmod ?

ah well, either way, it looks like i might not of had an epic fail this week!
I dunno whether to just dump some LFS cars in the snow, or do some snow like I did a few weeks ago
Quote from JO53PHS :I dunno whether to just dump some LFS cars in the snow, or do some snow like I did a few weeks ago

i did a mix of both, your old pic inspired me lol xD
JJ72's XFG Rally pic should inspire you...
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Am i allowed to copy the car onto another picture?referring to ice track picture,or am i supposed to edit lfs track?

You can do that, but as Taavi found in the last contest if people can't recognise enough LFS in the picture it may lose votes. If you find a good balance between the two then it should look great.
I think I haz idea
Final Entry
Some snowy thing and no we are not drifting, just some "traction problems" on snow
Attached images
photomodecomp.jpg
photomodecompprev.jpg
Just a quick one from me, I couldn't be bothered to source decent pictures so I just stuck with LFS content.
Attached images
ice racing lfs preview.jpg
ice racing lfs.jpg
#23 - JJ72
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :JJ72's XFG Rally pic should inspire you...

mehh I can edit the background and pretend it's another entry?
I guess I gotta stick with this Epic fail of a pic before it gets any worse. ( Note: Ground is still icy!)

Final Entry.
Attached images
Photomode Comp Preview.jpg
Photomode Comp Full res.jpg
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I guess I gotta stick with this Epic fail of a pic before it gets any worse. ( Note: Ground is still icy!)

Final Entry.

that is actually pretty awesome

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG