The online racing simulator
Quote from stevewhite :I did the very oposite... I sold it all!!! I figured the one thing that would kick lfs's ass would be a real car, so i went for it, i have yet to get a car though... Maybe after a few cheques. Everyone is spending all of this moneys on their computer, but you can have the real thing!!! People have 3 22" lcd monitros set up with a th2go!!!! Thats probably 2000 dollars woth of monitor exuipment, not to mention the 500 dollar video card needed to run it all! Then the g25, and the cockpit, and all the other computer parts! Get a real car, the graphics are great, the ffb is amazing, and the sounds are even better! And for all the ricers, yes, you can get all the crappy neon, fake goodscoops, giant spoilers, and hideous paint/graphics you want!!!

Um, most people have a real car or two as well.. Maybe not a race car, but most people will never have a car specifically for racing.
Quote from stevewhite :I did the very oposite... I sold it all!!! I figured the one thing that would kick lfs's ass would be a real car, so i went for it, i have yet to get a car though... Maybe after a few cheques. Everyone is spending all of this moneys on their computer, but you can have the real thing!!! People have 3 22" lcd monitros set up with a th2go!!!! Thats probably 2000 dollars woth of monitor exuipment, not to mention the 500 dollar video card needed to run it all! Then the g25, and the cockpit, and all the other computer parts! Get a real car, the graphics are great, the ffb is amazing, and the sounds are even better! And for all the ricers, yes, you can get all the crappy neon, fake goodscoops, giant spoilers, and hideous paint/graphics you want!!!

You forget one thing... After you bought all those computer parts, you (only) have to pay electricity and internet fees... Paying the price to own a real car, that's only the beginning of your real expenses...
anyway to get softTH working with ATI and Vista?
Quote from bbman :You forget one thing... After you bought all those computer parts, you (only) have to pay electricity and internet fees... Paying the price to own a real car, that's only the beginning of your real expenses...

Not to mention that I can't race at Pacific Raceways at 11pm...in December....while it's raining....in my underwear.

Sim racing is not only MUCH cheaper (and this is coming from a guy with a G25, a projector, a real car seat, etc), but it fits any schedule and runs all year round, no matter the weather.

I'm trying to get a car for part time track duty, but sim racing will always be much cheaper, easier, and less dangerous.
At least the fuel for LFS is cheap.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG