The online racing simulator
Mobo/cpu/ en Enlighten Me
(14 posts, started )
The problem star 1 month back

To be short

BEFORE THE PROBLEM
I was running LFS as usual on cargame in a open track with 30 cars ahead i was having a wonderfull 20-30 at the start after the first lap 40-60 solids FPS

Videos on yutube on 720p full screen perfect and no choppy at all, videos on X player in 1080p with perfect playback

Others games like crysis 2 o oblivion or GTR2 or GRID working perfectly

AFTER THE PROBLEM
In LFS on Open config ( Like i told above ) barely 2 - 6 and and after 1 lap 10 - 20 fps

Videos on yutube barely can watch on 360p on full screen, Videos on X player barely on 480p and . AVI

Other games Damn can't run shit now..., now the pc looks like a p4 running at 1ghz lol

I'be tested the ram's and VC on other pc and works perfectly, I'be reeinstaled the SO ( Full HDD Format ) and the problem persist, so i discard a software problem

Anyway, what could it be?, the CPU or the mobo ( Some BUS ), any idea?
Make a screenshot of cpu-Z .. It shows the bus clock and CPU clock frequencies.
is not overheating, a pentiun 4 3.0ghz works within 70 and 85° mines is working in that range

Anyway, screen of both programs, values are ok

Just to add, i'be done a test to the hard disc with ¨HDD regenerator¨ and no error was reported, so HDD is out of the problem.
Your 12volt rail don't look too healthy, what brand Psu you running.

Nice theme Btw
Quote from burn4u :Your 12volt rail don't look too healthy, what brand Psu you running.

Nice theme Btw

jejej thx

@about the PSU

Is a generic one of 500W, but i'be tested it with a ammeter and trow me 450W

Also i took a pic of the 12v rail on the bios and give me 11.746v

Also the 12v rail on the bios every 2sec switch within .746 and .806.
Everything looks healthy, no wrong clock speeds... No crashes.

I think it's using the integrated UniChrome Pro 3D Graphics chip somehow.

Driver problem
Mmmm, i dont think so, in lfs option detect and use the HD2600, other games too, so i dont think that the issue, also some time back i'be tested with the onboard video and do the same things...
Also is something that is programed in each mobo, when you insert a AGP / PCI video card automaticaly the onbard vc is disable. so i highly doubt that is the problem

Drivers, i dont think so, i'm using 10.10AGP hot fix, i'be tested 10.10b / 10.12 / 11.00 / 11.10 / 11.11 and so on, even i'be tryed omega drivers and the problem persist
1. It's an AGP card, so make sure the AGP bus driver is installed correctly. Make sure your chipset drivers are installed and up to date too.
2. Disable Windows power saving, set everything to max.
3. I think the CPU temps are a bit too high, is the heatsink clean?
4. What kind of RAM do you have? Is it running as the correct voltage? I know my ram requires higher voltage than the BIOS default.

Finally, this is an old system, I think some of the components are starting to give in. I know my Radeon 4870 doesn't perform nearly as well as it used to when it was new, I need to get another video card soon.
Looks like was the video driver after all

I'be removed drivers 10.10agp hotfix with driversweeper, then i'be downloaded the 11.12 from Sapphire web and now all works like before!

Anyway, gona keep doing test

Thanks again to all and thx to dave for the drivers suggestion
Quote from Inouva :

Anyway, gona keep doing test

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ANYMORE ...

Quote from Inouva :Thanks again to all and thx to dave for the drivers suggestion

It was the personal messages which motivated you again, but never mind... You are happy and that was the goal
Unless you've figured it out by now, your CPU is running insanely hot. 85 °C is way too much event for a Prescott P4. I had a Prescott before (although my was LGA775) and I remember it started to thermal throttle itself down when the temperature exceeded ~75 °C. If the readings you posted are correct, I suggest you remove the heatsink, give it a good clean and apply fresh thermal grease (remove the old grease before). Even though Prescotts can take the heat quite well, you're asking for hardware damage by running it at over 80 °C temps for a prolonged time.
Quote from MadCatX :Unless you've figured it out by now, your CPU is running insanely hot. 85 °C is way too much event for a Prescott P4. I had a Prescott before (although my was LGA775) and I remember it started to thermal throttle itself down when the temperature exceeded ~75 °C. If the readings you posted are correct, I suggest you remove the heatsink, give it a good clean and apply fresh thermal grease (remove the old grease before). Even though Prescotts can take the heat quite well, you're asking for hardware damage by running it at over 80 °C temps for a prolonged time.

I agree with fact that high temperatures will cause hardware damage over long periods of time. My Radeon 4870 used to run at stock fan speed and I had the overdrive on, and the gpu temp was constantly around 78 °C. Now, after 3.5 years, I'm getting graphics corruption quite often, and games even occasionally crashing because the driver crashes. I think that out of the 1 billion transistors in the gpu, probably quite a few have been damaged by the heat and don't operate properly anymore. I've since increased the fan speed manually and it's consistently around 50 °C, but it hasn't solved my problems, the damage has been done. Needless to say, I'm getting a new video card soon.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG